Dog thread!šŸ¾

My aunt rescued what was named as a 5 month old pit bull. She is now 3 or 4 and with tons of training her fearful aggression (she still has to be watched around little dogs and kids). She wasnt a actually a pit bull, this almost got her put down at 5 months. She is actually a lab, bully breed mix not pit bull

I dont shame small dogs just wont ever own one under 20lbs. As im super active. My grandparents have a tea cup yorkie, a shih tzu(he doesnt like doors so you have to watch him. And he is turning brown around his mouth and he is all black) then a 10 YO yorkie mix. She looks close to the tea cup but bigger. and was rescued off the side of the road.
Little dogs can be quite active too and keep up just as much. Depending on the breed of course. Ever read Following Atticus?

I dont shame small dogs just wont ever own one under 20lbs. As im super active. My grandparents have a tea cup yorkie, a shih tzu(he doesnt like doors so you have to watch him. And he is turning brown around his mouth and he is all black) then a 10 YO yorkie mix. She looks close to the tea cup but bigger. and was rescued off the side of the road.

Papillons, pyrenean shepherds, and shelties are calling

Blue Merle, Hurricane Ridge, Port Angeles Washington
23306101-733-640x853.jpg

My 3 dogs. River 2 yr old mix-Loves chickens. Maddie the Dalmatian-Loves to chase chickens and give them mini heart attacks. Mavis 8 yr old mix. They all love to eat chicken poop šŸ¤Ŗ
River Maddie and Mavis are adorable!
I absolutely love Rivers coat and i love Maddies to a dalmation a dream breed for me

A thread for people obsessed with dog so we can stop derailing other threads! :lau

Doggy questions to get the thread going

-do you do any dog sports or want to do any?

-do you show dogs?

-whats your favourite breed/what breed do you want to get?

-introduce your dogs

@fluffycrow @BelovedBirds
Search and Rescue, therapy dog, obedience trails. I've owned Newfoundlands 40 years. Have always owned the dogs from the working class. Fell in love with Newfoundlands. This is my 9 yr.old MateaOsa (gentle bear).

Attachments

• 20230711_111147.jpg
    20230711_111147.jpg
    851 KB · Views: 5
If you buy a dog de-wormer you can do it yourself, I only do my own dogs, and if you get specific puppy wormer you can worm puppies before 12 weeks.
I agree. Our vet can give dewormer out to us. Even if we needed it for young puppies as our first pup was 5 weeks old when brought home.

Okay Iā€™m glad you said this cause I was about to say it depends hahah Iā€™ve met aggressive Goldens too. Even had two of them attack a friends bully mix years ago just for walking by. Friends dog did nothing to defend herself. Opposite of what most people would expect. And Brew loves everyone and everything he meets. Heā€™s not pure but still. Not all of them are vicious. A lot has to do with the ownerā€™s too and those owners sound like words I canā€™t say here. Iā€™m sorry for what happened. :hugs dogs and owners like that give the breed a bad name.
I absolutely agree with this. I have met super aggressive or anxious dogs thats should be gentle and kind but act aggressive or are super anxious.

Hey, Dawg, did you know I recently got a 2-yo Golden bitch? Her name is Jenny. I got her from a breeder so we are working on socializing, sigh, but she is a sweetie. She's very bonded to me now, but still a little unsure of DH and the GirlChild.
Y'all were talking a few pages back about protective dogs. I had a very sweet and sociable Golden many years ago, loved everybody, used to help me teach my obedience classes - and he protected me on three occasions, when I actually needed it. On two occasions he just got between me and another person with a very authoritative bark, which was all that was needed. But the third time he sent the intruder scrambling over a fence with a nip to the back pocket to hasten him on his way! He knew when to protect. Oh, and as for being off leash, we did that a lot - and he stayed right in Heel position, no matter what the distraction. He certainly would not wander off to go visit somebody else's dog! He was, after all, the teacher's pet! šŸ˜„
Our oldest Golden Denver will bite if someone invades. This is the only time she barks or growls. Like some kids were walking on the road coming to our house one night well i was taking her out then returnedlater after this happened and as soon as we walked out they ran off. Yes i had her off leash but she doesnt leave our yard ever without a leash on. She ran up to the road, started barking and scared the kids off. She usually loves kids, but i know she can sense when people arent good. She will stand her guard to protect me or my family. And this is the only aggression i allow.

Back
Top Bottom