Dog thread!šŸ¾

Have any of you muzzle trained and if so what muzzle do you prefer?

I want one they can eat, drink, take treats and pant in.

Im going to muzzle train Tucker for his safety not others.

People will just come up and pet him without asking if im not watching close enough.

He was almost attacked yesterday again and this time by a dog that he played with a few times. He was terrified to walk by the house today and was on high alert.

He doesnt always like men either and our vet can accommodate to that but there is going to be other men in the clinic.

I would rather muzzle train him now verses later. So it can be done properly.

20240328_175956.jpg

People will just come up and pet him without asking if im not watching close enough.

He was almost attacked yesterday again and this time by a dog that he played with a few times. He was terrified to walk by the house today and was on high alert.

He doesnt always like men either and our vet can accommodate to that but there is going to be other men in the clinic.

View attachment 3784941
I tried a couple different kinds and none fit Luna perfectly but I settled on the Baskerville Ultra. One of my problems with it is there is no padding so it rubs against the muzzle in front of the eyes. It can be shaped with hot water for a better fit though. And I suppose you can add padding.

View attachment 3784941
the muzzle movement muzzles are really good, I personally havenā€™t used them but a few of my dog sport friends have

itā€™s actually quite hard to find breeds that are reliable good with cats:(
this is my mini poodle, Panda Bear. The Panda is short for Pandemonium, because he is the size of a cat, terrified of a cat, and barks at his own shadow. I feel like if they are raised together, this breed will be good with other pets. Mini poodle specifically, because the reason i have panda is that his standard poodle brother Maverick was absolutely terrifying, and could spend an afternoon staring into your soul until your blood ran colder than the arctic. I didnā€™t trust that thing around my brother. Needless to say we went back to the breeder and said ā€œgive me your tiniest wimpā€

Attachments

• 02AA72AB-549C-47AA-91E5-4359D258E317.jpeg
    02AA72AB-549C-47AA-91E5-4359D258E317.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Oh and that breed is predisposed to back, neck, and joint issues, but Panda is ten and only has the occasional flair up, and they sell medicine for the issue.

I tried a couple different kinds and none fit Luna perfectly but I settled on the Baskerville Ultra. One of my problems with it is there is no padding so it rubs against the muzzle in front of the eyes. It can be shaped with hot water for a better fit though. And I suppose you can add padding.
I was looking at this one. It seemed to be good.
Thanks
the muzzle movement muzzles are really good, I personally havenā€™t used them but a few of my dog sport friends have
I will look into that one

Thanks!

I just want a muzzle that will last he wont have it on often, but when going to places peoplr just reach down and pet him he will have it on.

this is my mini poodle, Panda Bear. The Panda is short for Pandemonium, because he is the size of a cat, terrified of a cat, and barks at his own shadow. I feel like if they are raised together, this breed will be good with other pets. Mini poodle specifically, because the reason i have panda is that his standard poodle brother Maverick was absolutely terrifying, and could spend an afternoon staring into your soul until your blood ran colder than the arctic. I didnā€™t trust that thing around my brother. Needless to say we went back to the breeder and said ā€œgive me your tiniest wimpā€
He's handsome. I'm still thinking about getting a mini poodle at some point. How hyper are they? I had one decades ago as a kid and I don't recall him being bad in any way.

He is cute!
Oh and that breed is predisposed to back, neck, and joint issues, but Panda is ten and only has the occasional flair up, and they sell medicine for the issue.
Well bred and well cared for dogs can live way more than what they are excepted to
A relative had many minutre poodles who lived to be 14 plus.
Another relative has a 14 year old dog right now who has some problems, and has lived 2 years what the vet thought she would. And is still going strong

He's handsome. I'm still thinking about getting a mini poodle at some point. How hyper are they? I had one decades ago as a kid and I don't recall him being bad in any way.
All the poodles ive met are sweet and not super hyper.

Our dog trainer has poodles and both of hers run agility but they have a really good off switch.

I love Standard poodles the best

All the poodles ive met are sweet and not super hyper.

Our dog trainer has poodles and both of hers run agility but they have a really good off switch.

I love Standard poodles the best
I love standards too, but they are too big for me to comfortably take care of these days. I always meant to get one, but never did. A miniature is more manageable for me and I should be able to groom it myself. Where the standard would push my physical limits.

Back
Top Bottom