Dog with bladder infection??

farmerlor

Songster
11 Years
Dec 25, 2008
middle of nowhere Colorado
I got a new dog. She's a cute little girl part chihauhau part Beagle, seems very bright and very spoiled, one year old. Problem is she acts like she has a bladder infection and in all my years with dogs I've never in my life had a dog with a bladder infection. Can dogs get them? She seems to want to go to the bathroom every hour except at night when she lets me sleep about three hours. When she goes she goes a bit the first time and then just a drop or two three or four more times and seems to squat there for a long time trying to get it out. She also has trouble holding it. We were driving today and she asked to go out and of course we couldn't just stop that minute and she peed on the seat. So, if this is indeed a bladder infection is this a 'go to the vet' problem or is there something I can do about it at home? Thanks everyone.

Yes, dogs can get UTI's.. Sounds a lot like it. I'd bring her in to the vets just to be safe.

Well, we took Ollie to the vet and it was indeed a bladder infection. In the meantime she's also developed a little pain in her back which I attributed to the infection as well but the vet tells us that it's probably an inflamed disc and that she's actually closer to five years old than 1 which I had suspected from the condition of her teeth but that's okay we adore her and we're taking care of her various problems.
Thank you everyone for your helpful information.

Back
Top Bottom