Votes: 60 25.5%
  • I have 2

Votes: 63 26.8%
  • I have more 3 or more

Votes: 83 35.3%
  • None

Votes: 13 5.5%

• Total voters
Alrighty, so i have 3 dogs 2 buns and 12 chickens. They all get a long great, except my barred rocks like to beat up one of my dogs. XD I would get a puppy, so they can be around them and not really know that they will be stronger and be docile with your animals. Also, make sure your the leader of the house. This seems to make the dog calm down. I have a big mix breed (115lbs) who thought he was top dog when he arrived and tried to get at the chickens. We straightend him out real fast and now he doesnt go after them when theyre out.
smile.png
I hope my personal experiences could be spme help. Submissive dogs (probably) wont hurt your babies!

Okay thanks! I prefer adult dogs, because you already know their personality and temperament, but i'll resarch further into it. Is your dog(s) (the big one) good with your rabbits? My rabbits live inside, our house isn't too big, and I wouldn't a large dog hurting the buns (the bunnies live in their own seperate room, the dog wouldn't live with them, but the dog could slide open the door by accident or rush in when i'm feeding them).

Okay thanks! I prefer adult dogs, because you already know their personality and temperament, but i'll resarch further into it. Is your dog(s) (the big one) good with your rabbits? My rabbits live inside, our house isn't too big, and I wouldn't a large dog hurting the buns (the bunnies live in their own seperate room, the dog wouldn't live with them, but the dog could slide open the door by accident or rush in when i'm feeding them).

All of my dogs are good with the buns. My only concern even is that the big one, Riker, will accidentally smoosh her trying to cuddle. One bun lives outside and is very social they dont hurt her and the one that lives inside(less social) has a secure hutch, in case someone gets a little too rough and she needs to make a break for it. Because they do get excited seeing her inside since they dont get a lot of contact with her.

Secure by the way just means that he cant smash it open and he cant fit his big head inside. He calms down once he realizes he cant reach her and then when she comes out, he doesnt care about her existance. Itty bitty attention span. :D

Chickenlover, lots of great GSDs in need of rescue. ;)

If you go through a breeder, be sure to do your research.

dainerra- There's an awesome GSD rescue near where I live that I would go to! They get all their dogs from high-kill shelters and rescue missions! They have loads of funny looking dogs:) Most of them are purebreds, longhaired and shorthair who are as friendly as can be:)

I have been in love with the GSD since my first one. All of them have been awesome dogs. My current boy is everything I could ask for. His breeder and I are both proud of him.

I absolutely love dogs, and at the moment have 11 in my house. ( begin eye twitching) the reason for so many is that I rescued a litter of pups that were abandoned. Once the extras find homes, I'll have 5 puppies total! Fun right? here are some pics

Back
Top Bottom