Doing Fecal Floats at Home

I've got all of my stuff but I didn't purchase a staining kit. Please let me know what you think about this. I'm super curious and may end up taking the plunge into adding that. There are a few posts about diy floats but KsKingBee's seems extremely helpful.
I will def let you know. If you would like to try them one day you are close enough to me I could probably meet you halfway one day. I’m right up the road Cumberland county.

This was the one I ended up purchasing.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BUV7I3K?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

Edit to add: I did get a camera with my scope so when I get around to messing with it I can post up pics if your interested to see how it does.

Last edited:
I will def let you know. If you would like to try them one day you are close enough to me I could probably meet you halfway one day. I’m right up the road Cumberland county.

This was the one I ended up purchasing.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BUV7I3K?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

Edit to add: I did get a camera with my scope so when I get around to messing with it I can post up pics if your interested to see how it does.
That's pretty amazing that we're so close! What a small world. Yes, please. I'm really curious about it. It's been in my cart so many times now but never purchased.

That's pretty amazing that we're so close! What a small world. Yes, please. I'm really curious about it. It's been in my cart so many times now but never purchased.
I defiantly will. My stuff is projected to be here mid week next week so my plan is to play with it that weekend. Not sure if I’ll plain with the stain then any or not. I’ll post pics when I do.

Well I went ahead and made my purchases. I should have everything by the middle of next week. I went ahead and ordered staining kit, had them fairly cheap on Amazon and it’ll give me something else to play around with and learn.
Did you get a centrifuge?

I did. This is the one that I purchased.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08GH4R8D6?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

I know it’s going to take me a while to get the hang of it and to be able to easily identify what I’m seeing but I’m really looking forward to going down this rabbit hole.
That's the same centrifuge that I have. As a suggestion, I'd keep an eye on the screws and use empty tubes to balance it while spinning. If a particular screw backs out multiple times, apply some loctite. Good luck

That's the same centrifuge that I have. As a suggestion, I'd keep an eye on the screws and use empty tubes to balance it while spinning. If a particular screw backs out multiple times, apply some loctite. Good luck
Thank you for for the suggestions! I’ll take any tips anyone has. Good to know about the empty tubes for balancing too!

Same as the one I have too. I've never had any screws back out but balancing is a must to keep it from vibrating and walking off the counter. I fill the tube on the opposite side with water to counterbalance.

Back
Top Bottom