Dominique Thread!

I think the "dominicker" moniker came about as slang obviously. I personally enjoy referring to mine that way.

Here are my dominickers age 8 weeks. I believe there are a few old-time songs referring to dominickers as well from the 1920ish era when they were pretty popular.

Okay, I'm selling this hen. What are y'all's price thoughts on her. Dominique's aren't that common in our area. She doesn't have wry tail by the way. I was just tilting her when I took that picture.

Last edited:
Well Today my Domineckers are 4 weeks old. They were getting antsy in the brooder and we have nice weather so I moved them to the big girl coop. It's all for them.

One of the Dom's found the roost 10 minutes into exploring the new digs. The others seem more nervous about the new move.

I have 2 Dominiques and three Orpingtons.

The Dominiques are more curious in exploring.

Caroline

I was looking at the combs and I realized these look like single combs not rose combs. I think they sent me barred rocks instead of dominiques.

or will they look more rose ish? I do love the barred rocks but I really wanted Dominiques this time.

Caroline

I was looking at the combs and I realized these look like single combs not rose combs. I think they sent me barred rocks instead of dominiques.

or will they look more rose ish? I do love the barred rocks but I really wanted Dominiques this time.

Caroline
Agreed, those all appear to be single combs, it looks like you have some variety of barred rock, the wing coloration is also different you should have some noticible baring on the wings at 4 weeks.

Here is one of mine at about the 3-4 week stage.

This spring I got 3 sexed dominique pullets from a big hatchery. 1 grew out beautifully into a dominique with proper comb and all. The other 2 grew out to be barred rock/dominique crosses. Single combed with the dominique body style. 1 had strong barring and the other was more dominique marked. Both were roos. I don't trust mass hatcheries anymore. Its to easy to slip in junk instead of what you payed for.

Back
Top Bottom