Dominique Thread!

Ah hah! Well, I was looking at her this morning and thought her comb looked like a saw blade, so I guess that settles it! Now I must find out more about a Barred Rock. Whatever she is, she has such a sweet temperament, I wish the others were more like her. Thanks so much!!

I'd love some opinions on these head spots. I hatched 5 chicks for a friend this weekend and I fear they're all boys based on their spots. Their bodies are uniformly dark and their legs are dark, some blotchy.

I'd love some opinions on these head spots. I hatched 5 chicks for a friend this weekend and I fear they're all boys based on their spots. Their bodies are uniformly dark and their legs are dark, some blotchy.

the one in the center may be female. But, I will definitely agre with you on the rest.

Can you take a pic of them with legs showing? The legs are dark on pullets, very clean legs on males. I find this more accurate than head spots. Also, usually a male will stand up straighter, even at 1 day old.

Can you take a pic of them with legs showing? The legs are dark on pullets, very clean legs on males. I find this more accurate than head spots. Also, usually a male will stand up straighter, even at 1 day old.

I dropped them off with her this morning so I can't get any more pictures, but I don't remember seeing any light legs on them. Some had dark shanks with one or two pink toes. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Thanks for the advice all!

My last hatch was a little tricky even viewing the legs but once the wind feathers come in it get easier for sure by 2 weeks I can tell 100% on mine.

I am looking for a purebreed Dominique roo, i live in Louisiana and do not want to have one shipped a long distance, are there any breeders in the south or near Louisiana that i may get one from? Must be good quality breeding stock.

I am looking for a purebreed Dominique roo, i live in Louisiana and do not want to have one shipped a long distance, are there any breeders in the south or near Louisiana that i may get one from? Must be good quality breeding stock.

I HAVE ORDERED PULLETS FROM EAST COAST SHIPPED ALL THE WAY TO WEST COAST OVERNIGHT BY USPS AND THE GIRLS DID FINE. THE ONLY DRAWBACK TO SHIPPING LIVE BIRDS IS THE EXPENSE BUT THE CHICKENS DO FINE IN OVERNIGHT USPS DELIVERIES. I DON'T LIKE DAY-OLD CHICKS SHIPPED BECAUSE THEY ARE SO DELICATE BUT JUVENILE TO ADULT BIRDS SHIP FINE. JUST OPEN THE SHIPPING BOX GENTLY AND LET THEM COME OUT ON THEIR OWN INTO A QUARANTINE PEN STOCKED WITH FEED AND WATER AND GIVE THEM A DAY TO GET USED TO THEIR NEW SURROUNDINGS IN PEACE BEFORE HANDLING THEM.

Back
Top Bottom