D'uccle Thread

OH well, I guess both of these guys will be looking for new homes. I have no D'Uccle hens and surely do not need any more roosters since my broodies had about a 90% roo hatch rate on roos this year. Free roos for everyone!!
oh i wish you could get that porcelain cockerel to leesville,la i need one for my pullet

well two more hatched and all toes are feathered again on both them too..... they are out of show flock...... so im wondering what can cause this and is it normal? are they just a bad batch? any info is helpful thank you

well two more hatched and all toes are feathered again on both them too..... they are out of show flock...... so im wondering what can cause this and is it normal? are they just a bad batch? any info is helpful thank you
With chick fuzz, I frequently have completely 'hairy' feet on my newly-hatched chicks. This is normal. Later, when they feather out, the feathers are strongest on the outer & middle toe, but there will also be a stray feather or two on the inner toes as well. They are never the long feathers like the middle & outer toe get, but are smaller, softer feathers similar to the ones that are on the body of the bird. Never had one get DQ'd for this!

This also happens with my silkies, who are also showbirds. In all of my birds, I only breed with the previous show winners.

thats way to many feathered toes. it might be a bad batch then again it could be their genetics. are you sure they are feathered? those feathers might go away after a while ive had that happen before were the feathers went away.

I have what might be a silly question......my 6 month old d'uccle hen is laying about every day now and I'm wondering if the eggs are edible? If so do you need to wait until she is of a certain age to eat them? She and the rooster do, um, love one another too lol does that make a difference?
She lays nice eggs! They are of course smaller than what I'm used to buying but why let them go to waste?

its just fuzz hopefully it goes away all my 8 golden neck and 3 mille and 4 white tail buff ( that are the breeders creation he says ive never heard of them) all only got fuzz to second toe is why im so confused... but if it goes away that will be ok i guess thanks

but this is also my first time hatching d'uccles so it kinda threw me for a loop... lol traded a bag of feathers for 8 golden neck 3 mille 4 white tail buff 8 porcelain and 8 self blue d'uccle eggs and have 100 % hatch right now pretty stoked but yeah thanks again for the info everone

I have what might be a silly question......my 6 month old d'uccle hen is laying about every day now and I'm wondering if the eggs are edible? If so do you need to wait until she is of a certain age to eat them? She and the rooster do, um, love one another too lol does that make a difference?
She lays nice eggs! They are of course smaller than what I'm used to buying but why let them go to waste?
Eat them!
Just make sure to collect them every day and get them in the fridge. If they're fertile you don't want to leave them sitting in the heat....

Also, when you crack them, crack them into an empty bowl before you add them to your recipe. That way, if one started to develop or looks 'off' you can discard it without screwing up the recipe.

BTW, my aunt told me that 1/4 cup = a large egg, so if you want to use them in recipes you can measure them more accurately.

Last edited:
but this is also my first time hatching d'uccles so it kinda threw me for a loop... lol traded a bag of feathers for 8 golden neck 3 mille 4 white tail buff 8 porcelain and 8 self blue d'uccle eggs and have 100 % hatch right now pretty stoked but yeah thanks again for the info everone
i wish i could trade some feathers for some d'uccle eggs lol

Back
Top Bottom