D'uccle Thread

im having so much trouble finding serious d'uccle breeders.
if any of you are breeding them for SQ and BQ please let me know.
im making a d'uccle breeder list
you can either pm or put it on this thread
i need to know your name
what colors you are breeding
a picture of a male and female from each color
if they were in any shows, put results of the show
breeder you got them from if you know
and their heritage(hatchery, breeder ect.)
please and thank you for any replies

Hi guys and gals!! Cant help but notice all the mille fleur d'uccle roosters I see have very small combes. My mille fleur rooster does also. Is that natural? I am new to d'uccles as you can tell. Thanks in advance.

I have the Brinsea Octagon 20 ECO, I just got it a few months ago and have had great hatch rates in it from 75%-100%! Definitely worth every penny
thumbsup.gif

41MNt-AJd5L._SL400_.jpg
I 2nd that. This is exactly what I have. It is between 300-400$ I believe. A bit pricy but extremely dependable. It holds a consistent temp, auto turns, has an easy basket to lift out to add water to the resevoir(2 resevoirs). Has an air circulating fan. Very easy to assemble and easy to clean. Does that cover everything?/ haha

I fit over 40 quail eggs at 1 time and about 25-30 mixed standard and bantam eggs in there a few other times.

Wow!
ep.gif
They are all pretty but that Mille cockerel is especially stunning! I agree he has a tad to much black, but if you breed him to the right girl they can make some darn near perfect babies! If you're willing to part with him I'd buy him in a heartbeat,
wink.png
I've been looking for a male with a little too much black for my girls. If you have hatching eggs available from him, I would definitely be interested as well
smile.png

Oh, and having a small comb isn't bad. The SOP calls for them to have small single combs, so really the smaller the better
thumbsup.gif
Unfortunately I lost my favorite Mille roo a couple weeks ago so that only leaves me with him so I couldnt part with him. I will most definitley be selling some eggs next spring though. Im debating whether to just keep them all together for breeding or separating out each colour...Ex-1 group 3 Milles and a porc hen and 2nd group blu & Blk Mottled. I could get some very pretty mixes or keep to the pure colors.......
hu.gif

Hey what do you guys think of my Mottled and MIlle roos....

And my prcelain hen:

This was a pretty funny one...trying to get down some fresh parsley but unsuccessful

h
OMG! I love your birds, especially the black mottled!!! I think I may have fallen in love with somebody else's birds! :) Do you sell hatching eggs for the black mottled???

I 2nd that. This is exactly what I have. It is between 300-400$ I believe. A bit pricy but extremely dependable. It holds a consistent temp, auto turns, has an easy basket to lift out to add water to the resevoir(2 resevoirs). Has an air circulating fan. Very easy to assemble and easy to clean. Does that cover everything?/ haha

I fit over 40 quail eggs at 1 time and about 25-30 mixed standard and bantam eggs in there a few other times.
how is the humidity in those? Does it hold well? I have been using a styrofoam one for turning then transferring to another for hatching. I had issues with humidity last round and have a single Serama chick now due to that. I love my Brinsea heaters for my brooders and have been considering that incubator.

You may have a larger model as I got mine for $150 off of their website, oh and I also got mine without a turner. It keeps the temp spot-on and adjusting humidity is a breeze, I just fill the lower reservoir and then add a sponge during hatch time, works like a charm. It is soooooo easy to clean compared to anything Styrofoam, it is amazing!

I kinda just repeated what dsfrango said, but it is seriously the best incubator you can get if you don't want to hatch on a super large scale
thumbsup.gif

Unfortunately I lost my favorite Mille roo a couple weeks ago so that only leaves me with him so I couldnt part with him. I will most definitley be selling some eggs next spring though. Im debating whether to just keep them all together for breeding or separating out each colour...Ex-1 group 3 Milles and a porc hen and 2nd group blu & Blk Mottled. I could get some very pretty mixes or keep to the pure colors.......
hu.gif
Oh no, that's too bad about your other roo
sad.png
That's when it's really nice to have an back-up boy though! If you have the room I would definitely separate the two color groups. They would sell for more and they would be sold in a flash as compared if you just had a mixed variety flock
thumbsup.gif

P.S- let me know when you have some Mille Fleur/Porcelain available
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom