D'uccle Thread

All my birds are covered by a blue mottled rooster. I only get Millie and porcelain though. No blues.But I am willing to seperate out my blue mottled hen and collect eggs for you if your interested. I can also sell you my millie and porcelain eggs. My millies get best breed and best of variety. One of them even got grand champion.

I have one d'Uccle, a hen named Alaska!

I got my bantam flock in early 2012; this is Alaska back then as a baby:

Alaska has always been my sweetest, tamest, and most docile bantam hen, but interestingly enough, has always been top hen in the flock. She put my rosecomb hen and Cochin bantam hen in their places.
This is Alaska, grown:

She was always my booted bantam rooster, Dixon's favorite hen. I knew from the time they were young that I wanted to breed them. They had two chicks hatch that didn't make it past a few days, unfortunately... But finally, just last year, they had one egg come through successfully, that Alaska brooded carefully. A little silver son was born, and I named him Alex.
Dixon and Alaska, the happy married couple:

Alaska and Alex, the day he was born!

This is Alaska and Alex now, the little man fully grown and just as handsome as his father, pictured with my rosecomb/Cochin hen:

I would have loved to breed Dixon and Alaska again, but Dixon passed away from illness not long after Alex was born. Now, the black hen from the above picture has gone broody and taken it upon herself to sit on Alaska's eggs, which are fertilized by Alex... I never imagined I would linebreed until now but I figured it's worth a shot, the babies might be really pretty. We'll see!

I have one d'Uccle, a hen named Alaska!

I got my bantam flock in early 2012; this is Alaska back then as a baby:

Alaska has always been my sweetest, tamest, and most docile bantam hen, but interestingly enough, has always been top hen in the flock. She put my rosecomb hen and Cochin bantam hen in their places.
This is Alaska, grown:

She was always my booted bantam rooster, Dixon's favorite hen. I knew from the time they were young that I wanted to breed them. They had two chicks hatch that didn't make it past a few days, unfortunately... But finally, just last year, they had one egg come through successfully, that Alaska brooded carefully. A little silver son was born, and I named him Alex.
Dixon and Alaska, the happy married couple:

Alaska and Alex, the day he was born!

This is Alaska and Alex now, the little man fully grown and just as handsome as his father, pictured with my rosecomb/Cochin hen:

I would have loved to breed Dixon and Alaska again, but Dixon passed away from illness not long after Alex was born. Now, the black hen from the above picture has gone broody and taken it upon herself to sit on Alaska's eggs, which are fertilized by Alex... I never imagined I would linebreed until now but I figured it's worth a shot, the babies might be really pretty. We'll see!
Good luck! Alaska is very pretty!

My flock of four. They are about ten weeks of age:
Torpedo

Droopy

Angelo

Cupcake

I had two more but a snake took them out. But they did tear up that snake to the point that it died too

Hello again. I thought I'd share some photos of the mille fleurs I currently have if you don't mind.

(if you recall my feedstore babies that I rescued- they have all since gone to live in very happy homes.)

This is little Lula. I posted a photo of him here as a young chick, as I was confused about whether his coloring (almost all yellow with a few black feathers growing in at the time) could be considered mille fleur. I am still confused about him, honestly. Obviously he is a young cockerel, so I'm sad that I will have to rehome him and won't be able to see how it turns out.

This is his "sister" Aggie, they're about 7 weeks so I'm pretty sure she's a pullet? I hope so. She's very timid, but sweet, and is just getting her muff/beard in.

This is Martha, She is about 11 weeks now. I'm pretty confident that she's a pullet? She is so far behind where my cockerels that I rehomed were that I feel she must be, but I guess I'd just like reassurance of that? (My favorites are all turning out to be roosters this year. ) I think she has a pretty nice muff/beard. It's hard to see in these photos but her flowers are coming in now and I think she will be very pretty. She is a total sweetheart. That's wee Aggie with her in the last photo. It's amazing how much they grow in a month.

Any ideas when my milles might begin to "fleur"? They're almost five weeks old now. A couple have hints of white dots from certain angles, but... :/

Do some just take longer than others? I do LOVE their base color.

Here's a pic of the younger four just for fun (different breeder).. These are about 2 weeks old

It depends on the bird. I have some that will get their flowers when they are only a few weeks old, and for others it takes months. I had one chick a couple years ago that didn't get her flowers until she was close to laying age.

Back
Top Bottom