Duck Expert :D

Hi, I am planning to raise ducks and sell their eggs, but somebody told me that ducks are very sensitive to noises and if they are shocked by it they will stop laying eggs. How true is that, I was going to place them under some coco trees which means there's gonna be some loud noises from falling coconuts and its withered leaves. I tell you its very loud when it falls. Help me please. Thanks

I had four Pekin ducks and my neighbors Rottweiler got out of his cage about five days ago and killed the "leader" and left one injured really bad with a broke wing and bad bite wounds that still bleed. Before they would follow me and would come up to me and they had their own routine about things and now that this has happened they are out of whack. They honestly do not know what to do. When I bring food out I have to force them to eat and the two seem to kind of distance themselves from the one that is hurt. He tries to keep up with them but takes about five breaks just from walking across the yard. I want to help them and get them back on track of when I bring the food they run to me and eat, when they see me they follow me, and I want them to run together again because I'm afraid the injured one will end up getting depressed and dying. Should I let them be? Is there anything I can do? Do I need to buy more ducks? Help please!!

I had four Pekin ducks and my neighbors Rottweiler got out of his cage about five days ago and killed the "leader" and left one injured really bad with a broke wing and bad bite wounds that still bleed. Before they would follow me and would come up to me and they had their own routine about things and now that this has happened they are out of whack. They honestly do not know what to do. When I bring food out I have to force them to eat and the two seem to kind of distance themselves from the one that is hurt. He tries to keep up with them but takes about five breaks just from walking across the yard. I want to help them and get them back on track of when I bring the food they run to me and eat, when they see me they follow me, and I want them to run together again because I'm afraid the injured one will end up getting depressed and dying. Should I let them be? Is there anything I can do? Do I need to buy more ducks? Help please!!
How are your ducks? Did you find any other help?
An attack will throw off ducks and chickens for days and sometimes weeks. Can you confine them? I would try keeping them penned up. It will reinforce their need to feel safe and once they start eating and acting normal again, let them out.

hi i have tried candling my eggs and im not sure i f its alive all i see is the airsack but the rest is dark any help is it alive is it fertile the picture is in my last post if u want to look for yourself

Hi, need your advice, my duck has laid 4 eggs which all succesfully have hatched, all healthy and fluffy, 3 days ago during the ight they were attatcked by a rat!, my neighbour heard this at 4 am we found her at 8am, She (duckling) was in the corner of the house looked dead, mummy duck was very quiet protecting the others. we didn't think she would survive the rat had bitten her neck and her head was all floppy, took her to the vets and they gave her antibiotics for her wound and glued her neck back in place, she didnt have any movement in her left leg and seems very lopsided, the vet said it would be 50/50 as to whether she would survive the shock, im pleased to say that we are now 3 days on and she seems to have survived the shock and is eating and drinking great, i have been putting her for physio in small amounts of water to try to strengthen her leg up, but her wonkiness seems to be the bigger problem, she is swimming in circles! she is too week to put back in with mum, have you ever dealt with a situation like this before, with a wonky duck, what should we do, i realise that this will be a lenghtly process of rehabilitation and we are more than happy to help her along and rear her ourselves if need be, are we being cruel, we are so happy she has survived and want to help her the best we can, not much faith in the vets though, please respond thanks xxxx

Sorry to hear that. For a situation like this. I believe Euthanasia is the best solution to this poor fellow.

I am looking for a duck expert. I have two Peking ducks, age 6 weeks. We lost one duck at ten days with the cause unknown. My ducks are always panting on and off. It’s seems wholly unrelated to heat. I have them indoors, air conditioning, and turn fans on them per vet recommendation. I built them a beautiful coop but am not ready to put them outside with it being summer and them panting. I am certain it’s not too hot. Their cage India’s is completely ventilated. Today, one duck is panting a lot, leaning to a side when he lies down. I can actually feel what feels like an internal bulge in his upper belly, below the neck. I recently switched them to grower/finishing feed, mixed in with their starter crumbles. I offer them kale often. I always offer them grit. I have the starter size per packaging. They have diarrhea and loose stool often. They are lively, love swimming, walking round the yard usually. I had them checked for works after I lost the last duck. I sometimes give them watermelon. I give them probiotic once a week in a separate waterer. They like it. I clean their pool every day, religiously. I clean their entire cage out daily, and do regular clean up about three times a day (spot cleaning in between rinsing everything down). They always have plenty of fresh water, deep enough for full head submersion and they love to submerge their heads regularly. I have had them on hay, on pine, on aspen shavings, on Kleen Coop hay, on nesting hay, and towels. The panting continues. Today my one duck is worse it seems. The side leaning worries me, the panting worries me, and the bulge really worries me. He also does this low repeated quack with every breath it seems for a few minutes at a time, then stops. Please, I just need to know what to do. I am so scared I’m killing my ducks, and I have no idea what to change.

Hey i am the duck rescuer i rescue ducks from danger i am an expert on ducks so if you have any questions just ask me :D
jumpy.gif

goodpost.gif

Hi duck expert. I found an abandoned baby duckling. I would like to know the breed. If I post a picture, can you maybe tell me. Ty.

Attachments

• 20190208_171549_Film1.jpg
    20190208_171549_Film1.jpg
    610.1 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom