Duck Videos Thread!

Thanks for the videos!

There's no way I'll get to film ducks flying, because I have to clip mine. I had one pair that flew everywhere. One of them flew away and came back the next day, and the other never came back. After that, I clipped them all.

My ducks like to act boring when the camera's around, too, especially when swimming. Often I'll catch them diving in their tub and run out with the camera. And then they stop, as soon as I'm filming. Diving is one thing I just can't get. (Except for the video of the ducklings bathing, the 8th post in this thread.)

This is the last video I have ready: ducks eating pumpkin leaves. That plant was growing where we didn't want it, so we rooted it up. The ducks saw it and wanted to eat it before the camera was ready, of course.

0.jpg

I'm working on a video of them eating cucumbers. (All these feeding treats videos will eventually be put into a compilation of duck treats/feeding, once I have enough material.) The cucumber feast soon turned into the game of who-can-be-the-best-cucumber-theif!

I forgot about my old videos from 2011 or so. This one has done amazingly well on YouTube with over 100,000 views, even though it is poor quality. It is so old that it was even before we got a water tub for them! It's of our ducks mating.

0.jpg

I'm still working on the "Cucumber Thieves" one.

I hope I correctly understand the spirit of this thread. Please remove if I shouldn't post here :).

Here's a video I took of my Cayuga ducklings on their first free forage in the yard. They're approximately 6 weeks old in the video and still losing their baby down.

They cracked me up in this stage because they all look like the balding old men muppet characters. Their voices are also changing.

I apologize for the weird camera angle.

vimeo_logo.png

Last edited:
EEEEEEEEE they're too cute! I adore cayugas! I almost got them instead of call ducks, but I think it worked out for the best in my case. <3

The calls I've seen are gorgeous and have great comedy timing but I'd be too nervous with flyers. I almost had a panic attack when my hen managed to get high enough off the ground to look me in the eye.

Thanks for the videos!

There's no way I'll get to film ducks flying, because I have to clip mine. I had one pair that flew everywhere. One of them flew away and came back the next day, and the other never came back. After that, I clipped them all.

My ducks like to act boring when the camera's around, too, especially when swimming. Often I'll catch them diving in their tub and run out with the camera. And then they stop, as soon as I'm filming. Diving is one thing I just can't get. (Except for the video of the ducklings bathing, the 8th post in this thread.)

This is the last video I have ready: ducks eating pumpkin leaves. That plant was growing where we didn't want it, so we rooted it up. The ducks saw it and wanted to eat it before the camera was ready, of course.

0.jpg

I'm working on a video of them eating cucumbers. (All these feeding treats videos will eventually be put into a compilation of duck treats/feeding, once I have enough material.) The cucumber feast soon turned into the game of who-can-be-the-best-cucumber-theif!

I posted this elsewhere, but if you wanted some duckies diving, I can provide that...

0.jpg

This is at about 1/3 speed and they were diving after gold fish in their pool
big_smile.png

cayugaducklady - you're welcome to post videos! Thanks!
gentila - thanks! I saw it on the other thread, but I was hoping you could put it here too, to add to the collection.

Also, a little video of my very first ducks, just a few days after we got them home, eating from two kids' hands (a bit hesitantly though):

0.jpg

The calls I've seen are gorgeous and have great comedy timing but I'd be too nervous with flyers. I almost had a panic attack when my hen managed to get high enough off the ground to look me in the eye.

LOL. I'm totally opposite. All mine fly, and I wouldn't want it any other way. I was really disappointed the day I posted the videos a couple of pages back because they didn't fly anything like they do when I don't have a camera ready.
he.gif

Just ducklings eating...

Two more videos left, and then I'll have posted every video on my YouTube channel so far. I do have more that still need editing.

0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom