Ducks pipped over 30 hours ago, but no progress!

Here are the pics of the two eggs that are still unhatched. Let me know if you think that I should intervene at all. I am doing this all from work, and it is now 7:30 and I'm hungry! I'm trying to figure out if I can go home for the night, or if I should order some pizza and cozy up for a long night inside the museum!

This is the one that has yet to pip. I have an "x" marked where I can see he has pipped internally. I have made the safe hole in this one.

This little one has been cracking the shell, but does not appear to have made it through the membrane. It was hard to draw the air cell on this one, because he appeared to be up inside of it and moving around. I'm not sure how accurate it really is. I didn't want to roll him around too much.

You could put the littlest duck back in the incubator with them and when that duck chirps and bumps them it encourages the eggs to hatch don't worry if they get bumped by the duck.

It's really up to you if you want to stay with them or not... they might just finish up without a problem, since ducks do tend to take their sweet time, lol...

If you're worried, go ahead and poke a small hole in the membrane of the cracked one, just to make sure... a lot of times they do make a teeny, tiny slit with their egg tooth that is really hard to see... but looks like it is working on it, so I'd let it be... jmo though...

I'm here for moral support but it looks like you are doing fine. If they are working on their own now, I'd give them a little time. Ducks take longer than chicks, as you have discovered.

Best of luck and I hope they all make it.

And thank you for teaching this to kids. I think that's fabulous!

If your ducks egg membrane is stuck just bump up the humidity a little bit I had a chicken that had his membrane stuck and it took him 6 hours too break the membrane a ducks take longer sit tight

Okay, I've bumped the humidity up, and I'm keeping the newly hatched one in there over night to keep the lazy ones in the eggs active! Ducks really do take their sweet time! They started this whole thing on Monday! Seeing as how I have Mondays and Tuesdays off, and now I'm here 4 hours past when I would normally leave, they're making me put in a lot of overtime! And something tells me I'm only going to get paid for all this in duck cuddles and children's smiles... but I suppose that's enough for me!

Thank you all so much for the reassurances! I'll let you all know the status when I get in tomorrow morning!

Back
Top Bottom