Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: Ooh, don't need to do that - that has become a problem here the last couple of years. Horrible thing to see. Daughter Tam had a little buck in her yard last summer that clearly had it. She called Fish and Wildlife about it and they came and tranquilized it and took it for testing. Came back positive.

This is the little buck. Let her walk right up to him snapping pictures as he grazed next to the neighbor's car.

That reminds me of the posting about the person who couldn't understand why the deer didn't follow the "Deer Crossing" signs and cross where they were supposed to.

lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

For me it seems to be like so many things in life - lots of kibitzing. I had a guy working on the house tell me just this morning, "You know, your chickens are very cold." Now, I'm a first time chicken keeper but the one thing I'm probably most confident about is that my chicks are not cold! Of course, once it gets into your head, it starts to gnaw at you, doesn't it?

Turns out this guy had never kept chickens, but his dad had
old.gif

I didn't tell him that i've probably read every single thread on BYC about chickens in the winter, hah!

the other thing that bugs me is that so often when you tell someone you have chickens, they act like you are such a rebel. I think chooks are the awesomest but I don't think I'm this crazy hippy for having them! I imagine there was a time back in the day when more people would have had them than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom