Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
we live in the country and had a guy come to our house and complained,"i have waking up to a rooster every morning for six months." hes said,"i saw you had chickens and just wanted to tell you." i say,"where do you live?" hes like," up palamar."(which is about 14 blocks away, and my chickens are locked in a coop till 7 A.M.) so i tell him that my chickens are locked in till seven, then he says," ok, well do you know anyone with chickens up here?" i tell him no and he finally leaves. but im thinking like GOOD LUCK!
lau.gif

I was talking with a coworker about how we need to worry about eating safer and about our alimentary security in case of a natural disaster and she told me she knows what to do in a emergency...go to my house to get fresh eggs and food from my garden!!!! I was shocked and almost angry because she looked serious about it.

Them's fightin words, she comes after my food for my family I would shoot her (or him).

It sort of works..............but it's probably not worth the trouble if it would stress them out to catch them......

I think I will leave them alone then, thanks

Sorry to bring up an old post, but where in crap did you find it does not work? Slab on Vaseline, it gets -60 here and if it weren't for Vaseline our birds wouldn't have combs. 10 degrees likely won't give them frostbite, but still, :/ you want a thick coating, a thin coating won't do nothing
(Trying to educate others... :rolleyes: :lol: it bugs me when I find something that's so wrong and I'd hate some newbie to find and get frost bit birds because of)

I didn't say it isn't for dogs and cats, I said its the same as docking in that its because we want it done for our own purposes which in this case is convenience. It is inconvenient for people to have a pack of puppies/ kittens every few months, its inconvenient for some people to have male dogs lifting their legs all over the house, its inconvenient for most people to clean up after a dog who is in her heat cycle, and for some people it isn't convenient to have their eyes on an animals whereabouts all day or have them live inside. Since your cats live outside not under your supervision you did the right thing. I am not against spaying or docking ,just pointing out that its a little hypocritical to call one procedure that removes healthy tissue cruel while not saying anything about the other more drastic procedures that are done at our behest.
I agree, but I like to think of it as more for the animal's health than for my convenience. It's inconvenient to have kittens, but it's awful to find emaciated animals and part of this is done because of neglect but part of it's done just because they can't afford it so they give it to the pound or release it. I think it's better to have sterile animals than neglected, thin, and feral animals (domesticated animals that can't live in the wild). I don't mind that they dock for some breeds just for show. (you might have read my comment about corgies I owned) Heck it doesn't bother me at all. I interned at a Vet Hospital and we lost a few dogs to a routine OVH/spay procedure. Any time an animal, or person for that matter, goes under anesthesia there's a chance they might never make it out. I also agree that it's hypocritical and some people need to do some research before they say things that make us obvious to their ignorance. When I was younger I thought it cruel, but now it's understandable. I try to educate people on the subject but most are just too stubborn to even try and learn.

Ha ha my granny (who was aside and lived on a arm) looked at me as I was cutting up old jalapeños and asked what I was making. I said chicken food. Her eyes got wide and she looked up st me all serious and said "they gonna give you jalepeno eggs?" I just said they love it! But sure sounds yummy to me! Then went on to explain I have been giving them to them since the were chicks one of their favorites. She just giggled lol

my family thinks im strange because i dont read fiction. i just dont have the imagination for it. my basic reading involves blacksmithing, raising chickens, self sufficiency, and sometimes the back of the toothpaste when im in the bathroom.

haha. I read almost nothing but fiction. Sci-fi/fantasy romance blah blah blah. of course my favorite movies are usually sci-fi add action and a little horror to it and freaking WOOHOO I will like it even better. Unless it's something I want to learn about. the How To books or programming, or etc. Mostly though I find myself just reading fiction when I actually have time to read (something besides work/personal emails, facebook, and chicken forums that is). I now feel the need to re-read some of my Molly Harper books. rofl. Also looking forward to the new Riddick movie coming out.

Well... how to derail me in 1 easy steps.

My former mother-in-law used to make fun of me for watching shows on channels like Discovery and National Geographic.

Most of my friends thought I was a little weird growing up because my favorite shows included Bob Ross (also love this song ended up buying it on itunes... it's just so freaking happy:
), new yankee workshop, this old house, etc. So more or less I liked food network, discovery, diy and hgtv way before they were cool lol.

enjoy all types of reading except for vampires/zombies, and mushy romance
sickbyc.gif
My favorites are western, and mysteries, and Christian books. But I find myself reading the exact same things you do ( even the toothpaste ) more often, and enjoying them just as much!

AHAHHA I love vampires (though THEY DO NOT SPARKLE!) & zombie stuff.... of course I met my fiance after taking a zombie survival quiz on okcupid. He liked my survivability, and here we are 7 years later lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom