Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
the vet said that was what did it; he trusted me

Animals definitely learn to trust. I rescued a kitten who'd been found on a muddy driveway in the freezing cold and with a tail that had been broken. She learned to trust me so that, when was pregnant and ready to give birth, she waited until I got home from work to have it and wanted me to help her. Once she was back to her old self, (the baby's eyes were barely open), she would pick it up in her mouth, drop in in my lap, then run off to play with my other cat, knowing I could be trusted to babysit. Otherwise, she was with her little one all the time.

We're already there.

While I was cooking dinner, I asked a friend (53 y.o. woman) to chop some fresh parsley for me. She got out a knife and fork, cut each tiny piece of stem off, and then began cutting it like one would a piece of steak. Took her 30 minutes. I just stood there, staring, mouth agape.
LOL. I will treasure that mental image for years to come

I gave my neighbor my very first rooster that I had raised myself because I was moving and didn't have the time to cook him. He was just a youngster, barely even crowing. And he has been raised in a cage!! She took him telling me she would enjoy him for dinner. She even sounded excited about getting a chicken that was home grown. Well I found out that because my husband had said rooster in the sentence she took the bird and threw it away!!!!
It makes me upset that I gave her free food (even dressed and cured) and she threw it away!!! especially after we all know how much money goes into each bird.
Look at what this world is coming too!
Makes you wonder how these people would to survive in any disaster.

I have VERY limited exposer to ducks and I thought they turned upside down to eat (at least fish or whatever is swimming under the surface), I might be wrong but I thought that's how ducks eat some things. I thought they ate stuff on ground or water surface also, but that doesn't turn a duck upside down in water.....
I don't know what the duck was doing, exactly. My guess is that it was cooling off or playing. It was just bobbing now and then and I've seen many ducks do this, including in kiddie pools.

Makes you wonder how these people would to survive in any disaster.
Not especially. It does, however, give me a healthy respect for Darwin.
old.gif

Obviously, you *haven't* read "In Defense of Food". But, once again, when in doubt, don't do it.
No, but I've read the real history of where margarine originated. I have switched to butter for most uses, but some of what he says is incorrect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom