Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snorfle. Send them some Leghorns. Let them watch in horror as they absolutely *refuse* to set eggs, and run squawking from a nest box filled with eggs.
lau.gif

I can hardly wait until they run into their first egg eater.
gig.gif

Yes, I am NOT a nice person.
somad.gif
I am sick of nonsense. I am sick of the anonymous jerk who keeps calling animal control and the sheriff on our down the highway neighbors for being cruel to their equines because the equines are in a barren corral with no grass (this is in the high desert, where grass isn't particularly common, anyway.) I am sick of people who dump their dogs and cats out so they can have a "life in the country" and the people in our neighborhood often have to euthanize them after they chase stock or get hit on the highway. I am sick of people who lecture me on how one shouldn't raise animals, eat meat, hunt or fish because it is more enlightened. (You can probably guess where I tell them to stick the flashlight in order to find the inner light.) I am sick of people who lecture me on why we should have a Prius instead of an F-150, and don't understand "chickens ride in the back." You have no idea of how many morons have advised me that the chickens should ride inside because they might jump or be blown out of the back of the truck. I kid you not. I am tired of people at the California house who harass a friend of mine with calls reporting that she has a rooster JUST ABOUT EVERY TIME THEY ARE HOME IN THE DAY AND HEAR THE EGG SONG.

No matter how many times animal control comes out and determines those are hens cackling after laying eggs, AND TELLS THEM THIS, they insist she has a rooster hidden somewhere on the premises, probably underneath the bed, next to the left-over-from-the-Cold-War Communist still hiding there. (For those to young to remember, there were people who were so convinced the Communists were infiltrating America that an irreverent story was told that they were hunting for Commies hiding under their beds. Despite all of the hysteria, Communism in the US was more akin to a fraud perpetrated by the American party leader against the Russians who sent him lotsof money. He lived very, very well, in keeping with other Commie leaders around the world.)

I've noticed people like that define their life not by what they do or accomplish, but by what they hate. Haters if you will or as Joe Rogan would say "the professionally offended". They project their fears, depression, anxiety, and failures onto other people in a desperate scramble to delude themselves that their life would be perfect if only they hate/blame enough people.

Though this doesn't involve chickens, that does remind me of an unpleasant customer that frequented a theatre i worked at as a teen. The man would show up every friday or saturday like clockwork, buy a ticket, but never actually finish watching the movie. He would find something to complain and object to, demand his money back, insist he's never coming back, then show up the next week to repeat the process all over. We actually just left his money on the counter for him to pick up on his rage filled retreat. The most outrageous of his escapades involved the illuminated exit sign. One bulb in the "T" happened to go out during a movie, and he rushed out screaming he was calling the fire marshal on us. The highlight of this man's week was coming to the movies and finding something to complain about.

Last edited:
. I am tired of people at the California house who harass a friend of mine with calls reporting that she has a rooster JUST ABOUT EVERY TIME THEY ARE HOME IN THE DAY AND HEAR THE EGG SONG.

No matter how many times animal control comes out and determines those are hens cackling after laying eggs, AND TELLS THEM THIS, they insist she has a rooster hidden somewhere on the premises, probably underneath the bed, next to the left-over-from-the-Cold-War Communist still hiding there.
If I were the person who was being turned in for a non-existent rooster I would be so tempted to get a recording of a rooster crowing LOUDLY. When Animal Control came out I would show him my "rooster" While it may be illegal to own a rooster, it wouldn't be illegal to play a recording of one. Or your harrassed neighbor might look into a parrot or macaw. That would really give the busy body something to complain about.

Please note, only the EGGSHELL gets pasteurized. The eatable inside isn't pasteurized. We used pasteurized eggs at 'Jack in the box'. We could move eggs around all we wanted without a problem but as soon as the egg was cracked we had to stop and rinse our hands in sanitizer before touching anything else.

Also something about the pasteurizing process made the eggshells thinner and more porous. So the pasteurized eggs had to have a wax coating to keep the egg 's from drying out.

I spent some time reading about the pasteurization of eggs. As near as I can tell the whole egg is pasteurized, not just the shell. You could pasteurize the egg without cooking it and still kill the unwanted bacteria by subjecting it to a lower temperature for a longer period of time. This is what we did to heat treat colostrum for baby goats to kill the CAE virus and not turn it into pudding which would happen if the temperature was too high.

Snorfle. Send them some Leghorns. Let them watch in horror as they absolutely *refuse* to set eggs, and run squawking from a nest box filled with eggs.
lau.gif

I can hardly wait until they run into their first egg eater.
gig.gif

Yes, I am NOT a nice person.
somad.gif
I am sick of nonsense. I am sick of the anonymous jerk who keeps calling animal control and the sheriff on our down the highway neighbors for being cruel to their equines because the equines are in a barren corral with no grass (this is in the high desert, where grass isn't particularly common, anyway.) I am sick of people who dump their dogs and cats out so they can have a "life in the country" and the people in our neighborhood often have to euthanize them after they chase stock or get hit on the highway. I am sick of people who lecture me on how one shouldn't raise animals, eat meat, hunt or fish because it is more enlightened. (You can probably guess where I tell them to stick the flashlight in order to find the inner light.) I am sick of people who lecture me on why we should have a Prius instead of an F-150, and don't understand "chickens ride in the back." You have no idea of how many morons have advised me that the chickens should ride inside because they might jump or be blown out of the back of the truck. I kid you not. I am tired of people at the California house who harass a friend of mine with calls reporting that she has a rooster JUST ABOUT EVERY TIME THEY ARE HOME IN THE DAY AND HEAR THE EGG SONG.

No matter how many times animal control comes out and determines those are hens cackling after laying eggs, AND TELLS THEM THIS, they insist she has a rooster hidden somewhere on the premises, probably underneath the bed, next to the left-over-from-the-Cold-War Communist still hiding there. (For those to young to remember, there were people who were so convinced the Communists were infiltrating America that an irreverent story was told that they were hunting for Commies hiding under their beds. Despite all of the hysteria, Communism in the US was more akin to a fraud perpetrated by the American party leader against the Russians who sent him lotsof money. He lived very, very well, in keeping with other Commie leaders around the world.)
I just bought a farm to get away from anoying people prying into my business. We have leased a farm for over 10 years, people bought the plot up the hill from us and decided that they were breeding very sensitive and very valuble horses and that they know more than anyone how to handle horses... I have a stallion that lives with a gelding, he used to live in with the whole herd until he started picking on one of the geldings, we tried to make him associate him attacking the gelding (who was old and couldn't handle the beating he was getting) with pain, we have some airsoft guns that we actually shoot PEOPLE with as a GAME and we took them out in the field and any time he started attacking the gelding, we would open up full auto with 3 guns until he broke off and went somewhere else to graze, it only took about 3 times to get him to settle down and stop harassing him, I didn't fully trust him overnight and since his primary attack is to run the other horse down and bite them in the neck, I put a grazing muzzle on him overnight (for the non equine people, a grazing muzzle is a rubber bucket that goes around the horses mouth and nose and has holes in it that if they work at it, they can get blades of grass through and still eat, but slower) so he couldn't bite and if he tried to mess with someone he would end up on the bad end because the rest of them would kick him... The next day, dad was getting angry phone calls from the woman on the top of the hill threatening to call animal control if we ever shot ANY of the horses with an airsoft gun again... also, my 40+ dollar grazing muzzle had mysteriously gotten off of my horse and vanished (leading to a LOT of new wounds on the gelding the next day that would have been prevented had he kept the muzzle on) without a trace... Nothing, we looked all over the place for it, about 6 months later, it appeared in the MIDDLE of one of the fields that we had mowed at least 2 times since it had vanished and would have been shreaded had it been there all along.... We didn't hurt him one bit, not a welt, not a drop of blood, bairly got a reaction out of him at all until we figured out to shoot him in the legs where the bb's sting a bit more....

I just bought a farm to get away from anoying people prying into my business. We have leased a farm for over 10 years, people bought the plot up the hill from us and decided that they were breeding very sensitive and very valuble horses and that they know more than anyone how to handle horses... I have a stallion that lives with a gelding, he used to live in with the whole herd until he started picking on one of the geldings, we tried to make him associate him attacking the gelding (who was old and couldn't handle the beating he was getting) with pain, we have some airsoft guns that we actually shoot PEOPLE with as a GAME and we took them out in the field and any time he started attacking the gelding, we would open up full auto with 3 guns until he broke off and went somewhere else to graze, it only took about 3 times to get him to settle down and stop harassing him, I didn't fully trust him overnight and since his primary attack is to run the other horse down and bite them in the neck, I put a grazing muzzle on him overnight (for the non equine people, a grazing muzzle is a rubber bucket that goes around the horses mouth and nose and has holes in it that if they work at it, they can get blades of grass through and still eat, but slower) so he couldn't bite and if he tried to mess with someone he would end up on the bad end because the rest of them would kick him... The next day, dad was getting angry phone calls from the woman on the top of the hill threatening to call animal control if we ever shot ANY of the horses with an airsoft gun again... also, my 40+ dollar grazing muzzle had mysteriously gotten off of my horse and vanished (leading to a LOT of new wounds on the gelding the next day that would have been prevented had he kept the muzzle on) without a trace... Nothing, we looked all over the place for it, about 6 months later, it appeared in the MIDDLE of one of the fields that we had mowed at least 2 times since it had vanished and would have been shreaded had it been there all along.... We didn't hurt him one bit, not a welt, not a drop of blood, bairly got a reaction out of him at all until we figured out to shoot him in the legs where the bb's sting a bit more....

Oooo im callin animal control on you.. Lol j/k my uncle does the same thing with his quarter horses but he uses a paintball gun just because it shoots farther lol.

Too many anthropomorphize the animal and dehumanize the person. Personally I think the animal is much more interesting as an animal. It would be limiting to think of animals in human terms.

I've noticed people like that define their life not by what they do or accomplish, but by what they hate. Haters if you will or as Joe Rogan would say "the professionally offended". They project their fears, depression, anxiety, and failures onto other people in a desperate scramble to delude themselves that their life would be perfect if only they hate/blame enough people.

I couldn't have said it better.

Too many anthropomorphize the animal and dehumanize the person. Personally I think the animal is much more interesting as an animal. It would be limiting to think of animals in human terms.

X2
Humaniacs thinking animals should all behave like humans - more accurately, the way they behave.
I know rescue people that have pigs, horses, goats, sheep llamas and chickens that don't have the slightest clue of the needs of those species.
Bitter much?

Despite living in a more 'suburban' area of town, there's several chicken owners up and down my neighborhood. The person in front of our home has a HUGE skate ramp and hold professional photoshoots with it all the time and past them is another crazed family with chickens. (Their coop is much larger than our little thing) and they've always had a couple roosters running about.

The only time I've ever had to deal with people complaining was with one of the homes adjacent to ours. Apparently, a 5am wake up courtesy of my rooster wasn't welcome and they were repeatedly telling him to 'shut up'. Note, I sleep with my windows open and wasn't woken up by the roo until my cousin shoved me out of bed and told me to do something. Um, what the hell am I supposed to do? Tape his beak shut or shove him into the dark box? This was also a point in time where I would wake up at 4am to go to school, so it didn't seem that bad to me? The sun was already on its way up anyway?

And ugh! People who 'rescue' livestock are usually on my NO-NO list. There's a woman that my father works for (he's in construction) that has 3 pot belly pigs, 5-6 roosters and 3 llamas all crammed into the back of her house and it's absolutely disgusting whenever I end up going with him. Her house is on a hill that descends downward and is just a big old dump of dirt and poop. And all those roosters are horribly aggressive (other than the one bantam silkie). When my father asked what she planned to cook using the roosters she was horrified and exclaimed that she was a vegetarian.

Okay. Great for you. But you either need to get rid of those mean old things or get tons of hens up in here quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom