E-Bay Eggs On The Way!

Here's my babies at 6 days old, Bresse, Barred Rock, Marans/Olive Eggers, Easter Eggers, Astralorpes, Americanas. I havn't seen any photos of eggs or chicks from the rest of you, I think you didn't really have any hatching eggs to begin with, how about that?
:/

Last edited:

11 chicks hatched, 2 needed assistance - I OPENED all of the others. Of the 11 unhatched eggs 2 were very early quitters, 4 brown ones never developed, Then the sad part - 5 DIS.

But I do have 6 B/B/S Ameraucanas, 3 OEs and 2 Marans.
jumpy.gif

Well I looked up DIS for possible reasons. Most of the non viable + DIS were from 1 shipper, great packaging, but rough trip. I never opened the incubator, there was never a temp spike or power outage, humidity was pretty consistent. It leaves poor turning - especially during the first week or defects. Because they were shipped and had detached air cell - I followed advice to not turn for up to seven days. Next time I will start turning by day 4. I'm going to look for local eggs to test. Hopefully I can find OEs or Marans.

11 chicks hatched, 2 needed assistance - I OPENED all of the others. Of the 11 unhatched eggs 2 were very early quitters, 4 brown ones never developed, Then the sad part - 5 DIS. But I do have 6 B/B/S Ameraucanas, 3 OEs and 2 Marans. :jumpy
Nice chicks! Congrats on the Marans and Olive Eggers that hatched, it will be fun to see how dark green those olive eggers lay, that's what i'm looking forward to with mine.

Here's my little 8 day old little flock just turned loose in the big chicken house all by themselves, it's up in the 90's 100's here, so I'm sure they'll be alright without a heat lamp, they can huddle together in a pile of hay, I'm sure they'll be warm enough.

Back
Top Bottom