Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

That looks like a modified pea comb. That using results from being crossbred with other breeds with different comb types. Typical of hatchery Easter Eggers. That comb is still too well developed and red to be a pullet.

ok...I know I'm being a pain and a little obsessive but I read that a 3 comb is a sign of a roo. I just took a close up and I only see 1. Help me here...I'm still learning
Do you have a close up from when he was younger? I think their rows clump together when they get older. I am totally not an expert though! Here are two of mine for comparison

pullet

rooster

Do you have a close up from when he was younger? I think their rows clump together when they get older. I am totally not an expert though! Here are two of mine for comparison pullet rooster
Here are the best pics I have.... The first week
4 weeks
[/IMG][/IMG]

Last edited:
How old? If that bird is under ten weeks old, it's a cockerel. Since most Easter Eggers are hatchery birds, there is no way to know if he will stay nice, or become aggressive. My boy avoids people completely, but is learning how to be a good rooster for his girls. But he is only 18 weeks old. 

I hatched him out myself and raised him, he is 7 weeks lol :)

I have 9 five week old chicks. They are Silver Laced Wyandotte rooster with EE and OE hens.
I am wondering if these are pea combs? If so would they be boys or girls or it is too early?

EE mom. Is this a pea comb and can you tell at this point if it will be a pullet or rooster?

EE mom. This one (nearly a twin to the above chick) has the same kind of comb as #2. The chicks with single combs do not look like this so I am assuming this is a developing pea comb.

Can't wait to see what color eggs we get from this mix. The EE moms lay blue eggs.
Christina

Last edited:
I have a gut feeling that I won't like the answer, but lady or gent? The little white one in question is about 9 wks old.

Size comparison to the 13ish wk old.

(About 3 weeks ago)

Last edited:
saraliz227 I would be totally shocked if that isn't a roo. Looks just like one of my EE roos. I ended up with 2 that were supposed to be pullets.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom