Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

She's looking more girly today
1f380.png
...maybe it's her fluffy cheeks? What's up with those?

Wishing4wings I just saw this article on "Sneaky"!!!
8-week Easter Egger "pullet" - is it actually? *Updated 10-week pics pg 3 - Boy or girl?*

I hated that she had to sell the flock before we found out what color her egg was?!!
1f62d.png
I am so happy I saw that feed from start to finish bc Sneaky is very similar to June! There's hope for my blue egg!!

Okay. I have one EE that is making me wonder. I have never had EEs before. This black and white one. Can I get some opinions please. 12.5 weeks old. Does not act roo-ish, the feathers are rounded around the neck and tail, but they hang differently than my other EE.

WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad to hear that! I really love them and would hate to part with either of them. I should have mentioned, that this one is also the more skittish of the two. I am loving my EEs. I will need more.

She's looking more girly today
1f380.png
...maybe it's her fluffy cheeks? What's up with those?

Um, in general, EEs have muffs (your 'fluffy cheeks") and beards. Huge variety in just how fluffy they are.

WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad to hear that! I really love them and would hate to part with either of them. I should have mentioned, that this one is also the more skittish of the two. I am loving my EEs. I will need more.

In your case, I would look at the feather coloring and pattern. At 12.5 weeks, I think all that symmetry says pullet. I would have to see a lot bigger red comb to think otherwise.

a sweet one too. a little shy though but I think that makes us like her better! As a chick she looked just like the barred rock chick- a good surprise! :)

Back
Top Bottom