Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried to get some pics of the Orps today but it was getting late so they are not very good (but when are my pics good? lol) btw I didn't take these my hubby did :)

This Boris Bebe

Daphne's dark blue Light blue runt also Daphne's

As much as I don't want to I am going to have to sell some of my Tom turkeys. They are super friendly but they have started fighting and I hate to see them fighting so much. I guess the breeding season is on its way and 3 of the 5 is going to have to go. Ugh Also my male guinea has decided a Cornish hen is his mate.He won't have anything to do with the three guinea hens and follows the Cornish every where and even waits on her when she is on the nest. Lol

Well...I have been a member of this thread since the beginning...made a great deal of friends which makes this so very hard.
It has been tried to discredit me as a breeder which is really sad because I have worked very hard on my farm. But...I am tired and feel it is time to move on as others have. It has moved me to just cut myself from all of this.

This has been a wonderful thread and I wish everyone well and hopes they prosper in their endeavors. If anyone needs to contact me feel free to do so at [email protected]
I will miss some of you terribly so...good luck.

~Terry~ aka TNBarnQueen

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I don't want to I am going to have to sell some of my Tom turkeys. They are super friendly but they have started fighting and I hate to see them fighting so much. I guess the breeding season is on its way and 3 of the 5 is going to have to go. Ugh Also my male guinea has decided a Cornish hen is his mate.He won't have anything to do with the three guinea hens and follows the Cornish every where and even waits on her when she is on the nest. Lol

Where is Bulls Gap? What kind of turkeys? Would you let them go to be eaten or only pet/breeders?

Where is Bulls Gap? What kind of turkeys? Would you let them go to be eaten or only pet/breeders?
I am about an hr east of Knoxville. What you do with them is your business....lol I have 1 royal palm, and two blue slates one of which is lavender phase. I am keeping two slates for breeding. I got them as poults last May. I can home today with them fighting and their heads all beaten up.

I am about an hr east of Knoxville. What you do with them is your business....lol I have 1 royal palm, and two blue slates one of which is lavender phase. I am keeping two slates for breeding. I got them as poults last May. I can home today with them fighting and their heads all beaten up.

I have a friend who isn't on BYC who loves royal palms and I might take the other two. I'll sleep on it and let you know tomorrow one way or another for sure. And I'll get with my friend about the royal palm.

Thanks!

LOL Yes! How is Ruby? How are you and the Dear Hubbie? Great I hope.
You were correct, I really do like Ruby :)
At first I was confused as to how old she was and penned her in w/ my Banty group, she got along fine, even w/ Lady Black a game mix who I guess knew Ruby would soon grow much bigger!
So eventually I moved Ruby into the main LF pen, she is now the biggest pullet in that group, and actually larger than the only hen in there too. She looks great, way bigger and more fluffed out than pics. on my profile from the fall. The girls have just finally started into laying w/ the sunny weather last week - 7 eggs yesterday but I'm not sure if she is laying yet or not. She gets along well with all the others and expects to get pet when I feed.

Sizzle ended up being Sizzle-boy, so I've been trying to re-home him.

I ADORE the Welsh - so much so I actually got WH eggs which (5) are in a homemade incubator right now. I hope to hatch Sat (Ground hogs day, I thought ducks on Groundhog day was funny) but I've had tons of issues w/ this incubation so I'm not optimistic they will actually hatch.

DH doesn't like poultry any more now than before, but he is really great about it -- in fact he is going to the show in Dalton this Sat for me to pick up a SQ/Heritage Buckeye Trio which I'm super excited about!

I have borrowed a neighbor's LG 30 egg incubator so I'm hoping to have a better hatch rate on a batch of the eggs of the other breeds I want plus some Buckeye eggs as soon as I can pull the eggs together.

Thanks so much for Ruby and all the others , it is cool you are here on BYC and we figured it out!

I will be there too! Not getting there until closer to 8:30 though.
If you cannot find him a home soon, I can always meet your Hubbie and or you, and take him back. I should have quail eggs hatching at some point, I am sure I could talk your hubbie into bringing them home to momma :p
You are very welcome. You and Hubbie come and visit!
I should be getting my cabinet incubator this year. When I do, you guys come and take my two little homemade ones and the LG.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom