Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
If im out there when she is ready she will come in and run around in circles before jumping into the nest box to lay...then she hardly makes a sound (some sort of cross between a coo and a growl almost) Then looks at me like "my job is done today" jumps down and right back out into the run. I never get tired of it...

Quote:
Chicken math is a way to feel good about how many birds you've brought in. Say I have 10 hens, 20 chicks, 1 rooster, and and 4 of my hens are setting on eggs. Well, chicks aren't chickens, and they eat less so now I just have 11 chickens. Well since four hens are setting they aren't laying, and they are in the coop all day so they are no use to me at that moment, so now I have 7 chickens, well the rooster doesn't lay eggs and I really don't hatch that much so now I have 6 chickens.
lol.png

wish all used chicken math, as id have never had to many chickens then.

Alright, Nella. You've rubbed off on me!!! My husband went out last night after I read all of the posts on here and discovered my little Bob on nineteen eggs she had been hiding. She was teetering on top of the pile. THEN tonight I went out and one of my orps is broody!!! AGH! I thought they all got it out of their systems at the beginning of the summer. I know I'll probably be able to break the orp. She'll growl and pout, then get over it. Bob, my OEGB, frankly scares me. She has a screech that could shatter glass and when she tries to bite she is NOT playing around!

I think we should consider a new rule. The b-word shall henceforth not be mentioned in this forum. Who's with me?
duc.gif

Quote:
I know of someone in Jonesborough. He advertises in the paper all the time. I use to have
his number...I will see if I can find it. He has Maran's and Turkens.

SandraD~ Who did you talk to in JC at the planning commitee? If I am not mistaken, they changed the ordinances here a couple of years ago to allow for hens in the city limits. I think you can have...I can't remember for sure, but I am thinking it is either up to 4 or up to 8. No roosters, of course. I listen to talk radio ALL THE TIME, and I remember when everyone was calling in about it. Could it be possible that who you spoke with was clueless??? You know how our officials here in JC are. I will check into it for you. I know that one of my good friends I go to church with has several chickens...he not only lives in the city, he lives in a restricted neighborhood!

Feliciamckee, I emailed Jim Donnelly, the planning director. Sure hope u can find out something different. When I found out that u can have chickens in Asheville, I was mad. When I found out u can have chickens in Knoxville....I was FURIOUS!! Thx for trying

well forced to move, so selling more to most of chickens off, if i cant get them to the up coming flea market, and id actually rather sell here, and prices are negotiable as i dont really know any of all of the tags on most, or what im even asking yet, as last minute told to get rid of all but two under forty pound constantly caged pets, or im kicked out, but under guise of supposed law, but cops dont have to adhere to apparently as ones who complained that the animal sounds and smells (i forgot a bag of manure out in the garden for days during all the storm weather.. oh nooos! then was complaining that the smell smelled exactly like when they just spread chicken manure all over the landscaping days ago. go figure). so whining over now, ill be parting with: one dutch bantam pair. one blue/lav bantam cochin pullet. one OEGB red black cockerel, and one OEGB silver duckwing cockerel. two pair of black OEGBs. five LF white hackle game pullets and cockerels. five juvi corturnix quail. three white seeming show quality (as far as seen and can discern) silkie hens, if person with first dibs doesnt want. one pair of guinea pigs (mama id ready to pop with twins again) that were reserved, but havent heard back in while, but female is the freindliest piggle and loves to chase and be chased and comes when called and petted ect, not to fond of being picked up, but loved being held etc, and male is friendly, but not under standing when the crazy guy and his gf play tag, and having the female out she never tries even to run away outside or in, but does get under foot at times and sit/lay on your feet and play with partly by running around licking and nibbling at toes.

forgot to mention non of the roos crow at all, except red black who is loud if not kept with hens, and silver duckwing sounds like a soft kazoo when rarely crows (he is kinda a scardy cat and does cluck alot if something scares him), and rest never did start crowing so far (which i love and was waiting for when few cockerels had started before). no roos are aggressive to humans or other roos.

PM for other details. and shipping will be whatever it costs me to ship them. also will have exotic birds, reptiles and insect feeder colonies/pets.

anyone know how to post on auction??? as tried everything to switch around and still wont let me post..

Last edited:
Feliciamckee, Please tell me that he lives in the Gump Edition
smile.png
. Not really restrictive to my knowledge, although there some things u would never do, like cut ur own grass, clean ur own home, have a garage sale, and have chickens, ha. Just Kidding...well kinda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom