Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
gig.gif
I love it!

Quote:
I call them carts or buggy's and i also call a turn signal a "dinker" I just like saying buggy....BUGGY.... BUGGY .....BUGGY...... BUGGY..... BUGGY!!!

and....

BUGGY!

Quote:
I call them carts or buggy's and i also call a turn signal a "dinker" I just like saying buggy....BUGGY.... BUGGY .....BUGGY...... BUGGY..... BUGGY!!!

and....

BUGGY!

ARGH!!! LOL
And did you make it to Jefferson County Poultry ??

I did...had my 4 year old with me carrying a ray gun shooting dinosaurs the entire time! Hard to miss us!

When we were growing up and a fly got it the house.we would use a fly swatter to kill it. My sister-in-law is from Georgia and her family used the same device but called it a "fly flap". Guess they flapped their flies while we swatted ours lol.

Hey... I also wanted to help spread the word about a new little resturant >thats spelled wrong i think< that has made a home in a historical building here in Greene County.

The Mosheim School aka Mosheim Auction House is being refurbished and has an operating kitchen already up and going along with pinball machines, pool tbles, foose ball, and arcade games. It is still being worked on and it IS in a very old building but the food was awsome! We had breakfast there this morning with bigger than normal portions and super sweet people. If you're in this area, be sure to check it out! Its on Gilbreath Rd where it intersects with Wise Carver Rd. If my memory is working properly >thats a gamble tonight< they start serving breakfast at 7am. I told the wonderful people there that I would help to get the word out. I have a link that gives a bit of history on the town and the schools in the area. It's a really cool idea since it's been a community center for years and they plan on keeping it a community center by offering some things for the local kids to do since there isnt anything else in the area. They serve Lunch and Dinner as well. We were told that last nights "special" was pork loin, biscuits, pinto beans and I think corn. They try to have something different every day as well as your typical burgers, frito pie, and fries.

It's walking distance from my house so I plan on sampling everything at least once and put money back into the community!

Quote:
Yes, yes, yes!! Have u ever asked someone for directions. Ex: "stay on the road and its above the Walmarts. Or below Walmarts". Everytime I envision a store hovering over a Walmart roof, ha. Whites is like heights with a w. Nine is like non. What is interstate here is expressway to me. Pocketbook is a purse, poke is a bag, plait is a braid, grandma n grandpa is mamaw n papaw, I could go on and on. I still really have some difficulity distinquishing and interpreting what is being said. I've made many people angry, unintentionally.
smile.png

Fair went well. Lori did really well as she actually had some competition and whooped them all. She got Best of Breed, all of the Best of Varieties and some Reserve things as well. Not sure on details!

I had the 6 bantam mottled cochins. 1 rooster, 5 hens. the Judge seemed to judge based on mottling and not type. Kind of strange. My "worst" hen got Best of Variety and my "best" hen got LAST place. Alrighty then.....

It was a fun day though! My 3 year old niece was there along with my mom from out of town. We went on lots of rides, had some funnel cake and italian ice, saw the lions and tigers, did a pony ride, blah blah blah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom