Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I know there are plenty of stores who will buy eggs off people and never care about any licenses or anything. If there are laws, like almost everything else here, it gets ignored.

Not really surprised by that. I do hope to move up into your neck of the woods if someone buys my place one day so that's why I was asking. Would like to have a small egg stand right at the end of the driveway. Where I live now, no one drives by, hidden like we are, so I'd have to leave my property to sell eggs unless my neighbors come to me, as a few do.

I know we have yard sales out on pulloffs and one thing that I do to generate more "stoppers" is put out some signs about brown eggs and keep some in a cooler... they sell out fast but I keep the signs up so others stop... then buy things out of guilt of stopping and not being truely interested in the yard sale. LOL!!!

I have a neighbor who sells out of a small fridge he drags out to the hwy and has a drop cord to keep it plugged in. He does a honor system and people leave $2 and take a dozen. I, personally, never have alot of eatting eggs. My mother takes what she needs and she sells to her neighbors and occassionally I will give them to people who are less fortunate.... but overall most of mine are sold as hatching or hatched here. To be honest, I can't think of many people around here who even think about regulations. I know I don't.

Would anyone be interested in trading a silkie hen/pullet at the show (either laying or close to laying) for this:
http://www.amazon.com/Matchbox-Rocky-Ro … amp;sr=8-1
or this:
http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-P684 … amp;sr=1-2

Both are brand new. Christmas is coming!! Have other toys I can trade from my stash, ages run from about 4-11yo boy or girl.

Really want a silkie hen/pullet that is bearded and not black or gray, would prefer white, paint, porcelain, partridge, calico, buff, or red.

Anyone?

I had been selling my eggs at the local Farmers Market. It ended in Sept. So I have been selling to family, friends and co workers. Only got one egg yesterday and 3 today. This will be the first show I've been to. I'm just going to see what its like and meet the people from BYC. I'm super excited. I have invited a co-worker and her son who just loves chickens to go with me. Plus my 5 yo son will be with me. He will be the one running around like crazy talking about our Roo Grayson. Man I wish I had his energy!!! Even better...bottle it up and sell it. LOL
tongue.png

Quote:
Last spring I did not find out in time to be able to send the papers back to Ruth. So she gave me my spots over the phone and I gave her my paperwork when I arrived. You may want to give her a call and see...worst she can say is no.
wink.png

Quote:
My husband sells my eggs to coworkers..I get $3 doz. for my Maran eggs..usually it is enough to buy their feed... so they pay for themselves and hatching eggs. If I do not start getting more than 4 eggs a day (as in the last 2 months) the hens are going to have to start foraging a little harder rather than dusting in the dirt hole and sunning themselves in the sun.
gig.gif

I am hoping at least 1 of the 18 pullets who are at POL would lay while I am in the physical rehab. Usually the neat stuff always happen when I am away...so keeping fingers and toes crossed! I

Im only getting a few eggs from my laying flock and thats only enough for my family's needs. Could be worse i guess but we used to get over a dozen a day, we sold ours to neighbors and other people who would stop by asking if we sold any eggs. Not getting anything from my show flock execpt one i found that was already broken
hmm.png

Quote:
Last spring I did not find out in time to be able to send the papers back to Ruth. So she gave me my spots over the phone and I gave her my paperwork when I arrived. You may want to give her a call and see...worst she can say is no.
wink.png

You can register over the phone! Do it today or tomorrow!!!

Anyone with d'Uccles or Booted bantams, please enter them in the show! The president of the d'Uccle and Belgain Booted Bantam Club will be there and has entered 18 birds.
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
My husband sells my eggs to coworkers..I get $3 doz. for my Maran eggs..usually it is enough to buy their feed... so they pay for themselves and hatching eggs. If I do not start getting more than 4 eggs a day (as in the last 2 months) the hens are going to have to start foraging a little harder rather than dusting in the dirt hole and sunning themselves in the sun.
gig.gif

I am hoping at least 1 of the 18 pullets who are at POL would lay while I am in the physical rehab. Usually the neat stuff always happen when I am away...so keeping fingers and toes crossed! I

yuckyuck.gif
Yes this what I see my girls doing. Playing in the dirt. lol I have 2 different shades of green and brown. My white egg layers wont start laying until Feb. I do want a Chocolate egg layer. Love to find a pink egg layer too. I just like having the different color eggs. My nephew is 2 and he will tell my sis he wants green eggs for breakfast.
gig.gif
Wish I could get $3. I get $2 a doz. I thought they would all die when I told them that at work. Guess they thought they would be cheaper. I told them it helps me to buy feed. I up-recycle my feed bags into market bags too. Sell them at the farmers market.

Hey all my Tennessee neighbors! Was curious if anyone would be willing to sell me some hatching eggs, I hate ordering and risking them getting scrambled, squooshed, and abused by the postal system. I'd like to add more variety to my flock, would love to hatch some standard cochins, any dark brown eggs layers, Dominiques, and so on, not looking for RIR as I dislike their temperament, but I'm open to most any kind of chickens. Ill pay and pick them up in person, I also have 4 golden laced bantam cochins available if anyone would want to trade, one is already looking roostery, they are about 2 months old and already transitioned to the outside weather. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom