Eastern Turkeys in Georgia

SarahFair

Songster
11 Years
Sep 23, 2008
Monroe, Ga
I put some goats up for sale or trade. A guy emailed me asking if I didn't want to do a part trade for a pair of eastern turkeys.
I can't seem to find anything about being able to legally own them in Georgia..
Also he said he gets $30 each for them. Is the the going rate?

Good price for a turkey over 6 months. Chances are he just has standard bronze turkeys unless he is a state wildlife rehaber. Most people say they have "wilds" but they are just wild mixes like everybody elses standard bronze. Kinda like about 98% of the people who say they have Ameracauna chickens really have easter eggers. You will need a permit in GA for real Eastern Wilds.

I put some goats up for sale or trade. A guy emailed me asking if I didn't want to do a part trade for a pair of eastern turkeys.

Sarah, Didn't you used to be, or maybe still are, on the GON Board? Just wondering. My understanding is you can have wild eatern turkeys in Georgia, some hatcheries even sell eastern poults. I imagine it's like bobwhite, call DNR in Social Circle and ask them. Speak to our old friend John Bowers.

He didnt say "wild" eastern.. just eastern turkeys. He did say he hatched and raised them himself.
I just noticed that McMurry wouldnt ship to Ga so that is why I question

....and yes I am on the GON.
smile.png

I’d like to contact him for a hen turkey

Back
Top Bottom