Edmond Oklahoma

I also have a 25 sqft basement and have been reading on raising inside so I may look at that route

They really need to be outside and be birds. My poor hen had to spend 6 weeks inside with just the lights on and no birds or other animals. In her case she needed isolation to heal and rest. I would take her outside in her kenel put her on the back patio during the mornings. The hen house is about 50 ft away and she could do a bit of talking to her friends. They need the sun light and the great out of doors. I must admit that when I let her out in the house, so was always trying to be good.

I'm in Edmond and want chickens REAL bad. I'm attaching myself to this thread so that I can get updates on if Edmond laws will be changed. Fingers crossed.

I think a few of us should show up at a city council meeting and at the end they have where citizens can bring concerns to the council. I think we need to express the desire to change the ordinance so that they allow back yard chickens. Say 3 for small lots, 6 for larger, a dozen for each ac and allow roosters on say an ac or more. This is a no brainer since lots of citys in other states allow them. St Paul Mn has always allowed chickens, just don't make a nuicens of them. Lots of folks up there on small think 30 ft by 100 lots have them.

I live in a neighborhood in Edmond and would love if they would change the laws to allow backyard chickens! Friends that have them love them! Most suggest to get them anyways since I plan to keep them in a coop while at work. I wondered if I first talked to my neighbors that share a fence with us and they okayed it, if I should just do it. We only want 2 to start with and no more than 4 since our yard is fairly small. Any ideas if the city will ever be willing to change the laws?!!

Haven't been on here in awhile. Any news on getting ordinance changed in Edmond? Again, would love to buy fresh eggs if possible and if anyone needs to have chicken sitter while your out of town this summer please let's know. I had my own small flock in Sherwood Arkansas. My next door neighbor took care of them but some of use not be so lucky.

I was told that they were not currenty looking at an ordinance since they claim there is no interest in people keeping backyard chickens. Keep calling.

I haven't had any issues since we got our girls. So I'm glad to read your post. I know a former mayor of Edmond said he would fight backyard chickens.
I was told that they were not currenty looking at an ordinance since they claim there is no interest in people keeping backyard chickens. Keep calling.

Last edited:
I haven't had any issues since we got our girls. So I'm glad to read your post. I know a former mayor of Edmond said he would fight backyard chickens

I am currently living in Yukon but I would be happy to show up and offer any support for you folks in Edmond. Let me know how I can help.
Petition to allow backyard chickens in Edmond city limits:

https://www.change.org/p/bethany-hu...ents_action_panel_wrapper&utm_medium=copylink

Please sign

Nice timing. I signed this for sure.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom