EE Serama Project

I was just thinking since seramas can lay from white to brown eggs (so I've read) wouldn't you be able to get some green egg layers?

I don't think a green egg laying Serama would naturally occur...you could breed them to a bird that carries a blue egg gene and keep breeding the Serama back in until you have an EE Serama.

I just read your first answer and feel dumb for asking the second question, I mustn't have been concentrating and that is what I meant by breeding the serama to the araucana/ee/ameracauna that you would be able to get green eggs

I have a small batch of F1 eggs in the incubator. Silkie Serama cockeral over 2 tiny TJ EE bantam pullets. 10 eggs in today. Love this idea!

That's awesome! Keep us posted! I have a Serama pullet that is going to start laying soon and then I will pair her up with the EE cockeral and see if I can hatch a couple of F1 Serama EE!

I found my other bantam EE rooster from @TJChickens dead earlier this week. We had a raccoon come over and he got him
1f622.png

I found my other bantam EE rooster from @TJChickens dead earlier this week. We had a raccoon come over and he got him
1f622.png

So sorry that a raccoon got your rooster. I lost my first batch of f1 chicks last night due to a burnt out heat lamp & record cold weather. I have another 6 eggs due to hatch this week.

1f622.png

Sorry to hear this :(

I still have a bantam EE hen with a really good Serama roo. Of course I can only get a few fresh eggs to send at a time, but if you or anyone else interested in this project wants them, I can ship them for the price of the postage....

I have bantam EE eggs on the auction thread if anyone's interested. Still have extra roos too.

Back
Top Bottom