Eggs In the Incubator

Here is the lone survivor. He hasn'the dried completely so he looks pretty sad but he sure knows how to chirp. If it's a girl her name will be Miracle and Lucky if it's a boy. With my luck it will be a boy and I'll have to re-home him. I'll send pics as the weeks go on and we can all put in our guesses :)

I'm sorry that happened! You can get chicks shipped to you still in Texas. I don't know where your located but I use ideal poultry and am getting chicks shipped to me tomorrow. I was worried I'd have a lone survivor this round and wanted to make sure they wernt alone. If alone they chirp calling for help all day and night and it is almost unbearable after a while. Hope that doesn't happen but if you could get a few more chicks this will help

I've checked Craigslist and there are a few options close by. I'm going to try to get him a friend tomorrow. He's a little lopsided and is having trouble walking. Any ideas if he'll grow out of that? I'm new to this.

Ya they usually act a little drunk for 12-24 hours for me at least. Once they get all dry and eat and drink they perk up. You can give it some sugar water or a little honey on its beak to give it a little boost. I use kid medicine syringes

What breed of chick is it? I will be putting 24 eggs in my Bator tomorrow, it's running right now so I can watch it's temp and humidity before I put eggs in.

It was either a blue laced brahma or a golden laced brahma. I lost him tonight too :( very sad. I'm going to order another set of eggs and try again. I'll be making a few adjustments and hopefully this next batch will go better.

*hugs, that is sad. I would ask locals for eggs instead of shipping them, I have barnyard mix eggs that will be Oliver eggers if you would like a few, I'll be in Rathdrum on Sunday. I've also seen some copper maran eggs and Oliver egger eggs being sold out of medical lake.

I know but I have fallen in love with this breed. I'm gonna give it one more try. If the next batch doesn't go well then I'll stop. For a while at least ;)

No hard feelings haha, I'm running my mutts to practice before I try and get some bantam eggs, I really want silkies and possibly a seabright or two, plus some blue laced red wyandottes and some barnvelders and oh the chicken math is statting hahaha. Though it sounds like it was a fluke that your didn't make it. They took a little beating at the end there.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom