EMERGENCY- Bubbles/blisters on ducklings feet--HELP

i have some stuff here at my house that a Amish lady makes its for live stock but she said that she will use it for her self if she get burn or gets bad cuts ect well any way one time i stuck my hand on my wood stove to catch my self from falling i got a really bad burn and the wood stove was hot and had a ton of wood in it well i put that stuff on my hand and it was gone the next morning
Does it say what's in it? Comfrey maybe?

no it does not say what is in it all it has is a label of the name of the feed store i got it from the feed store is like half feed and half animal stuff

Sorry all, her is an update on the babies.

The blisters they had on the webbing turned into large scabs, which eventually fell off leaving the poor creatures with gaping holes in their webbing. On the bright side, they are healing up very well and both are walking, eating and drinking normally. I am concerned bout raspberry because one of her webbed areas is still connected near the end of the toe by a very thin piece of webbing. She is managing fine in house in her own box, but I fear it will get snagged on something and tear in the future when she is outdoors. I've read some places that ducks do not have nerves in the webbing. Is that true? I have doubts because they definitely were in pain from the blisters. Has anyone ever had to do some surgery on their ducks webbing? Should I try to remove the thin piece to prevent a worse injury later? I can't get my camera to cooperate, so I don't have a photo right now. Thanks!

How big is the piece on her toe? I probably wouldn't try to remove it in case I did hurt her. It may be best to just keep it covered with a light bandage to prevent it from getting caught.

I would not attempt to remove it either. Goodness, what temperature setting is your water heater at? Sounds dangerous! I know that in the summer the water in the pools does get quite hot, I have no guesses on a number tho. I just would think very high temps would be necessary to cause blistering.

I too would do Epsom salt followed by aloe Vera gel.

Sorry all, her is an update on the babies.

The blisters they had on the webbing turned into large scabs, which eventually fell off leaving the poor creatures with gaping holes in their webbing. On the bright side, they are healing up very well and both are walking, eating and drinking normally. I am concerned bout raspberry because one of her webbed areas is still connected near the end of the toe by a very thin piece of webbing. She is managing fine in house in her own box, but I fear it will get snagged on something and tear in the future when she is outdoors. I've read some places that ducks do not have nerves in the webbing. Is that true? I have doubts because they definitely were in pain from the blisters. Has anyone ever had to do some surgery on their ducks webbing? Should I try to remove the thin piece to prevent a worse injury later? I can't get my camera to cooperate, so I don't have a photo right now. Thanks!
I'm sorry I missed this update, glad to hear they are doing so well, as far as this piece of webbing I think I'd leave it alone if in the future it does get caught on something then deal with it more than likely it would heal pretty easy with ES soaks and Veterycin spray. If you decide to go ahead and do something I think I'd research on line before hand. Just to make sure about the blood vessels I know they have a different with the way the blood flows.

I've learned so much this year with all of the different issues we've encountered with these duckies! I am so pleaswd that they are recovering so well from it all. We are also starting to put them into the laundry room so they are getting acclimated to slightly cooler temps than the house. It's about 55 degrees out there during the day, 50 during the night. I am more than ready for them to be outside, but it looks like winter is just going to hang around forever this year! Oh well, good thing thy're so cute!

Back
Top Bottom