emergency duck egg rescue incubation

So I think I am just going to keep doing what I have been and hope for the best I candled all eggs early to see the air cell all seem to have a slop in the air cell and to all be about the same one is larger then the rest so I not sure I am just going to wait and hope that all hatch less the 2 weeks to go!

today is day 26 and I can't help it lockdown is tuff, so I checked on my rouen egg the one I think is going to hatch to see if it piped the air cell and I am not sure I candled it and it moves like crazy and I did hear a small chirp around 1pm so I put it back in the incubator ( O ya the air cell is huge?) so its now 5pm checked it again its moving but not a sound??? so I am going to let it be not touch it again yet I feel like its ready to come out and I am concerned with the air cell being so big! it chirped is that i definite indication that is piped the air cell? ( FYI i could only hear it when i put it to my ear???) also I see no veins only a all black and a large air cell.

today is day 26 and I can't help it lockdown is tuff, so I checked on my rouen egg the one I think is going to hatch to see if it piped the air cell and I am not sure I candled it and it moves like crazy and I did hear a small chirp around 1pm so I put it back in the incubator ( O ya the air cell is huge?) so its now 5pm checked it again its moving but not a sound??? so I am going to let it be not touch it again yet I feel like its ready to come out and I am concerned with the air cell being so big! it chirped is that i definite indication that is piped the air cell? ( FYI i could only hear it when i put it to my ear???) also I see no veins only a all black and a large air cell.
When it internally pipped you will see the bill waving around in the air cell.

Definitely internally because now it's Tapping on the shell and it's chirping loudly it's been about 24 hours and it still has yet to make any progress I did take some of the shell off just to give it some extra leverage but it still has yet to do anything!

Ok I need some help ASAP day 27 and I have a duck egg that I have helped its beak is out Half of it shall is missing but it's moving what should I do?

Found duck eggs on the river today they were in water do you think they could hatch? i candled them There is a air cell i put them in the incubator lets hope i just wanted to get opinions on here fromj everyone i am a chicken person but i cant help trying to hatch ducks

stephen

I am down to 1 egg out of 4 and it piped made a large hole I can see the beak and its foot over its head, it never zipped the way I thought it would and what I have seen on utube It just made a big hole? i am note sure as to what to do at this point its been 26 hours sinces pip, and it is tired and I don't see how it could get out with out zipping around the egg, I have not touched it letting it do its thing, but any thoughts as what to do or when to help would be great!

I am down to 1 egg out of 4 and it piped made a large hole I can see the beak and its foot over its head, it never zipped the way I thought it would and what I have seen on utube It just made a big hole? i am note sure as to what to do at this point its been 26 hours sinces pip, and it is tired and I don't see how it could get out with out zipping around the egg, I have not touched it letting it do its thing, but any thoughts as what to do or when to help would be great!

I had 2 ducklings to take over 40 hours, so don't panic just yet. Let it rest and do its thing. As long as you can tell it is able to get air, I would wait. I know its difficult to watch. Been there. What happened with the other one that you took part of the shell off? I've been dealing with my own hatch, so I haven't been on here much.

It hatched but I am concerned it came completely out of the egg on its own, but there is a small part of the umbilical cord still attached to the baby! Looks like a hole with a black slimy string should I do any thing about it or let it dry up

Back
Top Bottom