emergency duck egg rescue incubation

I had 2 ducklings to take over 40 hours, so don't panic just yet.  Let it rest and do its thing.  As long as you can tell it is able to get air, I would wait.  I know its difficult to watch.  Been there.  What happened with the other one that you took part of the shell off?  I've been dealing with my own hatch, so I haven't been on here much.

That one did not make it I helped out to early and I feel so horrible!! The other 2 rotted and exploded so this is my only one!

Awww, I'm sorry for your losses. The cord will dry up on its own, shouldn't take very long. Its so hard to try to not help them when they look so helpless, but they are much stronger than we are!

Awww, I'm sorry for your losses.  The cord will dry up on its own, shouldn't take very long.  Its so hard to try to not help them when they look so helpless, but they are much stronger than we are!

Thanks,
This little one is weak now around 8 hours old

So my female duck stopped sitting on half khaki Campbell half Muskovy eggs. I put the 5 fertilized eggs in the incubator. Not knowing how far along they all are! To make a long story short I am down to one, and have been on lock down for the past 7 days Thursday night it externally pipped mind you temp is at 97 degrees and humidity 71% looking good! Yet the duckling does not have a strong peep and has not made much progress in the last 24 hours! I did help out a little yet still not making progress! I even up the humidity to about 75% because it seem as if the duckling can't get out! It's still alive yet not moving all that much! I am not sure if I should just wait see what happens or help out ? Please help!

So my female duck stopped sitting on half khaki Campbell half Muskovy eggs. I put the 5 fertilized eggs in the incubator. Not knowing how far along they all are! To make a long story short I am down to one, and have been on lock down for the past 7 days Thursday night it externally pipped mind you temp is at 97 degrees and humidity 71% looking good! Yet the duckling does not have a strong peep and has not made much progress in the last 24 hours! I did help out a little yet still not making progress! I even up the humidity to about 75% because it seem as if the duckling can't get out! It's still alive yet not moving all that much! I am not sure if I should just wait see what happens or help out ? Please help!

So you are at less than 48 hours since it pipped externally? They can take that long, and since you have had high humidity going for a week now, I personally would give it until later this evening....as long as its bill is clear and it can breathe well.

But that's easy for me to say, so you might just have to trust your gut if it seems distressed. Just try to give it as much time as possible. I know its a fine line.

Good luck! :fl

So you are at less than 48 hours since it pipped externally? They can take that long, and since you have had high humidity going for a week now, I personally would give it until later this evening....as long as its bill is clear and it can breathe well.

But that's easy for me to say, so you might just have to trust your gut if it seems distressed. Just try to give it as much time as possible. I know its a fine line.

Good luck! :fl

thanks, so I could see it bill last yesterday, yet in the AM I can only see what looks to be a wing?

Back
Top Bottom