Emu egg season Fall of 2013 to 2014

he.gif
I don't have any eggs yet either my emu normally start laying first part of November and have did this for 10 years but the weather has messed everything up this year we are in Tennessee still no eggs

We added eight bales of straw, four to each emu pasture, hoping that they will build nests. We left three bales intact and spread the other on the ground. We went back in the house and Came back out to find Chica and Louis working on theirs.

They had a nice little love nest made.

Lately they have been inseparable. I hope that's a good sign.

Stuart and Loca, not so much on their side. Maybe tomorrow.

so do I , I have walked the pen they haven't been laying at all so far they always lay in there shed but nothing ,and I walked the entire pen area no eggs ,
sad.png

Joe.......any chance of being disturbed of nasty predators or even steal eggs ?? My very 1st eggs Rosie laid in very cold, was actually minus 13 one night, and heavy snow followed for many weeks, found 3 eggs solid frozen in nest, unknown to me, that she would lay so soon...it didn't seem to make any difference, what weather or how cold and she laid 25 more in her 1st season....just happy in their snug straw bed lol but loved playing in snow.
Happy Christmas you you all !

I don't think there is any chance of predators ,I have surveillance camera's set up with the sound so if there is any sounds I check it out but when she lays she normally paces for a couple of days with each egg and drums faster then normal she hasn't shown any signs of laying this year . I wish I could see some eggs I have 4 female and not one egg the weather has been weird warm and in the 60/70 2 or 3 days then 20/30 the next few so with it bouncing back and forth like that I thought it might have messed them up . keeping my fingers crossed , by now I normally have approx 8 to 10 eggs at least
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom