Emu Hatch-A-Long 2014

I don't know. There hasn't been any movement or chirps for about 8 hours now. I don't know if he is dead or alive in that shell. I wish this board was a bit busier because as of now, I just don't know what to do.

I hear nothing. No movement or scratching or anything. I put a stethoscope up to it and hear nothing but my own movement and hands and so forth. :( I dont know if I should drill a hole in it or not. I am at a loss. And heart broken.

How long has it been since it started peeping? I decided to drill a hole just for oxygen after around 60 hours last week, and the bird hatched by itself at hour 72. He/she is now doing super. It's a judgement call, and it's possible that the hole I drilled didn't even help. 20% weight loss isn't super healthy though, I'd make sure to wet the inner membrane if you do drill a hole. I should make clear that my first emu experience began last week, and am by no means an expert. I hope it works out for you.

I had to drill a small hole after one of my chicks was taking longer than usual too. He was still moving and chirping however. I carefully scraped away till I hit the first membrane then cracked off a piece a little larger than a quarter so there would be good air flow. The chick hatched by himself in 12 hours after that. Hope you wake up to some progress! All my eggs lost more than 20% and took over 12 hours to hatch but all are very healthy and strong now, so there is still hope.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom