Emu pictures and stories.... post them here

I found another site that does them for 10 bucks and ordered kits from them. They are out of canada. You can do feathers, eggs, or blood. So, I will do feathers and band them. Hoping for two boys two girls so I can keep all 4!

I love all the pictures in this thread! Hopefully next year I will be getting some emus.
Do they do well alone? There is an emu at a park/petting zoo near me and he/she has been there for years all by itself.

idunno.gif
Stuart's buddy died a couple months ago. He seems to do fine by himself, although I'd like to get a buddy for him. I'm out with Stuart all the time, so I guess it depends on how much interaction they get-- A emu that barely ever sees its owners needs a buddy.

I'm pretty sure no one ever spends time with her. I've been told she "bites" and doesnt like people, but she follows everyone that walks by her pen (which also isnt very big).

This is Ethel Emu, though she might very well be Elmer. We have just decided to call her Ethel. She is one month old tomorrow. Ethel enjoys time out in the garden with me and our weiner dog. She has her own facebook page Ethel Emu with lots of videos and pictures of her first month.

Hey, 1Mutts:

‘fission-fusion’: you do see wild emus on their own often enough; but the term ‘fission-fusion’ gives us a start for discussion:

in fission-fusion species, the individuals may be fairly ‘solitary.’ At times. But they form groups for various reasons.

I think emus like to be around other emus (or at least goats, alpacas, ducks, geese, cranes, donkeys, humans, Martians, or Tupperware salespersons).

S.E.

Back
Top Bottom