Experimental Meat Bird cross thread.

She'll be paired with Goliath, he's hefty, & was early to fill in the breast.
20221231_101123.jpg

Looking forward to seeing your project, Mystery!

If I may,I have a question. With you doing this project to get birds for meat, wouldn't it be easier to just get cornish cross?
Or, are you just wanting to have your own means of producing good sized meat birds yourself?

Looking forward to seeing your project, Mystery!

If I may,I have a question. With you doing this project to get birds for meat, wouldn't it be easier to just get cornish cross?
Or, are you just wanting to have your own means of producing good sized meat birds yourself?
Thanks.

I'm wanting to make good sized, meat birds myself.

I've got 10 Cornish X currently, that I didn't even want based on the source, they came from, which is infected with Salmonella, but my dad, & his friend didn't listen. Already hating them(The birds).

I wanted to try out the Meyer's Hatchery Rainbow Rangers, but not this year, maybe next year though.

Thanks.

I'm wanting to make good sized, meat birds myself.

I've got 10 Cornish X currently, that I didn't even want based on the source, they came from, which is infected with Salmonella, but my dad, & his friend didn't listen. Already hating them(The birds).

I wanted to try out the Meyer's Hatchery Rainbow Rangers, but not this year, maybe next year though.
I have some of the Rainbows from Meyer right now, about 4.5 weeks old. So far I think I like them better than the CX. I haven't been taking weights but it's obvious they grow slower than the CX. I just really like their activity level though. They forage a lot.

I have some of the Rainbows from Meyer right now, about 4.5 weeks old. So far I think I like them better than the CX. I haven't been taking weights but it's obvious they grow slower than the CX. I just really like their activity level though. They forage a lot.
My plan was to free range them, like I'm doing with BB Bronze Turkeys, & 3 mixed breed ducks.

My plan was to free range them, like I'm doing with BB Bronze Turkeys, & 3 mixed breed ducks.
They would be great for that! I have mine in a tractor for another week and then they are going to a sectioned off part of my yard (away from my laying flock) to free range. They seem ready to go out already but I'm just waiting until they are a little bigger so cats can't get them.

I'll probably do a post-processing update thread on these guys with my results, so stay tuned for that if you want to see what final weights were. I haven't seen many people on BYC do reviews for Meyer's Rangers so I wanted to do one.

They would be great for that! I have mine in a tractor for another week and then they are going to a sectioned off part of my yard (away from my laying flock) to free range. They seem ready to go out already but I'm just waiting until they are a little bigger so cats can't get them.

I'll probably do a post-processing update thread on these guys with my results, so stay tuned for that if you want to see what final weights were. I haven't seen many people on BYC do reviews for Meyer's Rangers so I wanted to do one.
I want/need a chicken tractor. Would make things alittle easier when I do have meaties.

Okay, sounds good.

Back
Top Bottom