Experimental Meat Bird cross thread.

I prefer broody because it's less work for me and I don't get attached or play with my food 😂
I've got a broody Silkie currently. Just gotta wait until I get the Peking ducklings outside when they're ready so I can use the brooder for the chicks.

I raise my meat birds with love, but I don't get attached to them like the others.

Last edited:
First Colossal Egg, I may start out with maybe 6 - 8.
20240407_112955.jpg

Hopefully I can fit at most 12 eggs under the broody Silkie hen. So that way I know have a good amount left to hatch if anything happens with a few.

@Yard Farmer
Gathering eggs to start the project. Got lots of Malay boys in the coop she lives in, so should be fertile by them. There's 5 Malay boys total.

There is also 2 LF Silkie Roosters, & 1 EE Rooster, so there maybe a slight chance of maybe getting a cross from them as well.

There was a Heritage Plymouth Barred Rock Rooster in the coop, but I had to cull him, he was sick with something unknown. There maybe a slight chance that there maybe a cross from him.

Her flock mates are: 1 Olive Egger Hen, 1 Green Queen Hen, 1 Easter Egger Hen, 2 Brahma Hens, 7 Malays(5 Pullets, 2 Hens), 1 Marans/American Game X Heritage Plymouth Barred Rock Pullet, 1 Blue Face/Oriental cross Hen, & 1 Heritage Plymouth Barred Rock Hen.

Back
Top Bottom