Farm Related Photography. Pictures are the best Advertisement!

We rescued this kitty over the holidays! My son & his wife had eaten at a local bar two weekends in a row & both times this lovely kitty was desperately trying to get in the bar to stay warm. The bar owner would have to put him out. According to my son he would roll over on his back & start purring when people came to the bar. The bar owner said he wished someone would take him home before a car hit him! A customer who didn't like cats said he would shoot him.
My son decided to take him home to mom as he knows I have a soft spot for Siamese! We took him to the vet for a check up & shots.The vet says he is in great shape. The leukemia test was negative. He gave him shots & told him he is a very lucky cat! The vet says he is older than one but less than two years.
He is adjusting well to our other two cats & two dogs. Our 14 year old Golden ignores him. Our 3 &1/2 # Yorkie has been barking at him & chasing him until this morning when Lance had enough of it & slapped him across the face with his paws which have been trimmed! The Yorkie backed up in a hurry so I guess Lance finally called his bluff! Our 12 year old tuxedo cat ignores him & our 4 year old siamese is delighted to have a playmate!! We named him Sir Lancelot (Lance) & he will have a forever home with us if he chooses to stay. We are also watching the local adds in case he has a family even tho the bar owner was pretty certain he doesn't. He is already sleeping on a down comforter at the foot of our bed! I guess he has settled in!

He should make a great poser for you! Thank you for taking him in! We currently have have 4 rescued strays, and they are some of the most loving critters...we are blessed to have them! I'm not sure who rescues who!

I got a camera for christmas! I've been taking photos every day with it.

A dear friend of mine had to put her horse down because of laminitis. He fought it for several months, until recently when it worsened considerably. These are just a few photos from his last day, surrounded by family and friends. He was a beautiful soul

Wonderful photos.
I am looking forward to a flood of photos now that you have a new camera.

Sorry about the horse.
sad.png

some friends had to put their horse down a few months ago.
We were all bummed for them.
The horse foot is so critical to their survival and well being.

Thank you both. He was 18 years old and had been owned by her since he was a colt. She was very attached to him and gave him the best of care, but it was just too severe. He is now buried on a hillside on the property

A dear friend of mine had to put her horse down because of laminitis. He fought it for several months, until recently when it worsened considerably. These are just a few photos from his last day, surrounded by family and friends. He was a beautiful soul

Beautiful!

I'm not sure who rescues who!
You're absolutely right! I often think that it's the animals that rescue us humans. I thank my 5 rescue kitties every day for being a part of my life. I wouldn't be the same without them.

The kitty and the rooster are gorgeous! Beautiful pictures.
And the horse.. You go through so many different emotions looking at all of them. Very touching. Reminds me of the night I had to put my old Appaloosa gelding down. He struggled through the entire night, the vet came 3 times that night and we still don't know what was wrong with him. Sadly, at 4am I made the decision to put him to sleep. Just wasn't fair for him, what was happening.
sad.png
I've never seen an animal go through what he did. And he was a tough guy. So I really know what your friend had to go through with her dear friend.
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom