Favaucana

No I bought those from a lady ...I have hatched many chicks.the dad favaucana and mothers ameraucanas and they favaucana they all look like favaucanas .
smile.png

How noisy are the egg-laying adults? I've heard owners complain their pure Faverolles are very noisy. I know our Blue Wheaten Ameraucana is very noisy during her egg cycles to the point I'm embarrassed because of neighbors. I can't imagine how noisy a Favaucana would be with those two noisy parents in their history
big_smile.png

I have my first chicks from my favaucana project. These are a cross between my lavender salmon faverolles rooster and my black Ameraucana hens. I am told the chick coloring is called melanized partridge and should feather in black and that the f2 crosses should be lavender without the brittle feather problems of many lavenders. Excited to see :D So far all have the feathered legs and fifth toe. Will be interested to see how the combs grow in.

The daddy

Last edited:
I just, this week, became a newbie to owning chickens. I have 2 Favaucana chicks and out of my 7 chicks and they both seem to be the only aggressive and timid ones. I also have one Ameraucana, one Silkie and 3 bantam. Do you all think the two Favas will become more social the more I hold and interact with them? I saw that several ppl were saying they usually have a nice temperament. One of them even aggressively pecks at my hand and runs away every time I go to pick it up. None of my other chicks try to bite at me when picking them up.

I had to sell my blue favaucana rooster because he became aggressive ,but the hen I still have she is a great mother and hatched 18 chicks in may
smile.png

Was he aggressive towards people or just toward other chickens? Sometimes the young cockerels go through a feisty hormonal stage and then simmer down after they mature. At least you will have 18 new chicks to sift through to get another roo.

I had to sell my blue favaucana rooster because he became aggressive ,but the hen I still have she is a great mother and hatched 18 chicks in may :)

Well darn, that's not promising. I don't know the sex of any of my chicks so it's possible both of these Favas could be cockerels and that may explain their aggressive, flighty behavior. :(

Back
Top Bottom