Faverolles Thread

Next week is my HATCH DAYYYY!!! My Favvie babies should be here by the end of the week!!! So excite!
wee.gif

In the meantime, here is some Faverolles cuteness that I can't get over!
0.jpg

I've been busy getting ready for my baby Faverolles. Got a phone call 2 wks ago, to tell me they were shipping my 5 girls - 3 weeks early. They'll be here by Fri. Just gotta get out the heat lamp as its still pretty cold out at night, here. I'm northwest and hr, from Phoenix. Other than that, I'm ready for them. My Faverolles hen should take to them fairly easily. She shares her food with All the feathered Wildlife out here.

I now have eight salmon favorelles from McMurray that are now a little more than a week. I also ordered some eggs that hatched last week. Of 12, one was clear, the rest developed, and 9 hatched. One died in the first 48 hours. I think I'm doing pretty well. I'm looking forward to seeing them grow up.

It is interesting that the McMurray chicks are bigger, have fluffier cheeks and chins and also have more grey/taupe on the head and back ... like the remains of chipmunk striping. The ones I hatched are almost all yellow. (See above.)

It will be great to follow the color changes with your adorable chicks….When i started chicks were creamy yellow….no other markings….So have always wondered where the influx of other colors began. That is a good hatch, congratulations. Were the eggs from McMurray also?

I got 11 from McMurray. Two boys, 9 girls. Two died en route. 1 in the brooder. All of the remaining have black primary feathers. I thought that meant cockerel. Does anyone know if McMurray's strain is darker?

Back
Top Bottom