Faverolles Thread

I have a question for all of you experienced Faverolles owners.

I have a 15 week old Salmon Faverolles pullet that doesn't have a beard or muffs. She has feathers on her cheeks, chin and neck but they are short like my Brahma and Wyandottes! When should she grow them in? My EE has a very full beard and muffs and started growing hers in at 9 weeks old. (the EE is 25 weeks)

She is behind the Wyandotte in this picture.

Yes, her feet are feathered. No, no one is pecking them out. She is high on the pecking order. She came from My Pet Chicken.

I have a question for all of you experienced Faverolles owners. I have a 15 week old Salmon Faverolles pullet that doesn't have a beard or muffs. She has feathers on her cheeks, chin and neck but they are short like my Brahma and Wyandottes! When should she grow them in? My EE has a very full beard and muffs and started growing hers in at 9 weeks old. (the EE is 25 weeks) She is behind the Wyandotte in this picture. Grimm, it looks as though that's all she's going to get, of my cross babies born, all have five toes, most have feathered legs, and there's a split between clean face and muffled face. I thought it was the cross breeding that made the clean face. Now I wonder.

Normal breeding should only rarely have a few kickbacks to weird traits. it should not be the norm. When breeding a bird from many sources especially hatchery you have less control of what is expressed in the young. When someone breeds only a few with the most total package of traits you look for the more consistent the lines will be.

Grimm, if you're interested, cloverleaf, on this thread does breeding. The Cloverleaf farm has a face book page and they have beautiful birds from which you can purchase fertile eggs. I got my girls from efowl, I think, but as elizmartin pointed out, I'm lucky to have gotten the quality I got. I'm looking into more favs this spring, if I do I'll be going through cloverleaf this time.

Grimm, if you're interested, cloverleaf, on this thread does breeding. The Cloverleaf farm has a face book page and they have beautiful birds from which you can purchase fertile eggs. I got my girls from efowl, I think, but as elizmartin pointed out, I'm lucky to have gotten the quality I got. I'm looking into more favs this spring, if I do I'll be going through cloverleaf this time.

Thanks. I'm not ready to hatch out eggs but I'll keep that info for when I am.

Thank you :)

Grimm....where are you located?

Back
Top Bottom