Faverolles Thread

I do. I get $35/dozen, plus shipping.
Having said that, I am not a real fan of shipping hatching eggs. I feel like I have way more control of the process hatching, then shipping day-old chicks.
The potential low hatch rates of shipped eggs bother me a bit. The Post Office seems to take much better care of shipped chicks, than hatching eggs - in my experience.

I HAVE A 5 YR OLD Sam Faver and lately she has been trying to pluck her beard feathers out (molting)???? Never ssen her do this before. Also she has a fleshy tube looking think on her back.

The dirty dark flecks are from her dust bath. I lifted her out after noticing she was trying to reach this thing. I have never seen anything like it. It looks like a mini finger or something. None on rest of body. She stopped laying about two weeks ago.
Vent is fine looks really good. Eating and drinking fine. Any ideas?

I HAVE A 5 YR OLD Sam Faver and lately she has been trying to pluck her beard feathers out (molting)???? Never ssen her do this before. Also she has a fleshy tube looking think on her back.

The dirty dark flecks are from her dust bath. I lifted her out after noticing she was trying to reach this thing. I have never seen anything like it. It looks like a mini finger or something. None on rest of body. She stopped laying about two weeks ago.
Vent is fine looks really good. Eating and drinking fine. Any ideas?
Is it down near the base of her tail? If so it's an oil gland. They use it when preening.

Well I am a happy chicken mom. Just finished a hatch of Salmon Faverolles. Of the 14 that made it to lockdown I got 12 gorgeous chicks. Great leg feathering apparent, and really nice toes. Best hatch all year and some much needed new blood from a friend.

I got this little one from a farm just outside town. One of its feet has 5 toes and the other has 4.

I'm just stumped on gender... I was going with pullet, but I'm now not even 100% on type! Help!

Attachments

• IMG_0242.JPG
    IMG_0242.JPG
    444.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0243.JPG
    IMG_0243.JPG
    390.7 KB · Views: 18
I got this little one from a farm just outside town. One of its feet has 5 toes and the other has 4.

I'm just stumped on gender... I was going with pullet, but I'm now not even 100% on type! Help!
It isn't the 4 toed foot that has me questioning parentage, it's the complete lack of leg feathering.

Back
Top Bottom