Favorite vegetable varities

copper2

Songster
May 5, 2015
Eating a burger
What's every ones favorite plants and cultivars? Let's list some of the best plants, so everyone can get them! I'll start: my favorite tomato is "matts wild cherry" it has a great flavor and produces a lot of tiny cherry tomatoes, I actually don't like cherrys but love this one!

Varities I have: black cherry tomato, mayos delight tomato, golden buddha bean, scarlet emperor bean, Hutterite bean, cranberry bean, Nantes coreless carrot, Atlantic giant pumpkin, spring feast lettuce, and lowens family herlem ground cherry

Hi Copper2! Just saw your thread. I really love the flavour of Brandywine tomatoes, but I hedge my bets with cherry tomatoes, this year I found Sweet 100 and another which I can't remember the variety. St. Victor leeks are a favourite too, they're a French heirloom variety that turn purplish when it gets cool in the fall. Hard to find seeds though,I ordered them from a place in Canada. Then forgot to plant them! Gah!

Gardening is hardly a waste....the only waste is to those who dont.
cool.png

I cant say that I have ONE favorite so I will list a few.

Tomatoes: Pink Berkley Tie Dye, Blue Beauty, Verde Claro, Cherokee Green, PorkChop, Lucky Tiger, Snow White Cherry, and Rebel yell just to name a few.

Peppers: Lemon Drop, Fatali, Arroz Con Pollo, Zavory, Bulgarinan Carrot.

Squash: Sweet Dumpling, Sweet Meat, Georgia Candy Roaster.

Carrots: Parisenne and Pusa Asita.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom