Favorite vegetable varities

Yes that's what it stands for, this year my vegetable garden thrived almost all from OP seeds, I'm getting small harvests in ( still trying to figure out the best plants)trying to find out what and how much I can plant!

I planted some watermelons this year several are producing but they are few and some are small, why are they not producing icebox watermelons? Some of the fruit has turned black and fallen off at a young age, what is this?

A lot of people are losing a whole array of vegetables with the same symptoms....

Although I've been gardening for over 30 years....I can't give a difinitive answer....but my best "seat of the pants" guess.....is plain old mildew!

Has anyone grown keeping tomatoes? They're like keeping apples, you pick them in fall and put them in storage to ripen slowly during the winter. I'm thinking of trying some next year but there's not much info out there on them. Sandhill Preservation has several varieties and apparently Burpee has a few too.

I've never heard of those. I do know that your able to wrap unripe tomatoes in newspaper and they will ripen up, never tried it, thought it could help

Yes....I grew "Longkeeper" one year...but to be honest...if I keep on my toes...and protect from one or two early frosts...I can have tomatoes on the vine in January....and I wasn't impressed with the production of that variety....so I just stick with my favorites...

Around here...we actually have a deficit in the summer...because of the heat...but then tomatoes are cheap and plentiful at the supermarket....

Back
Top Bottom