Favorite vegetable varities

Mine are still producing, I have shading on them( I got the cheap stuff) my cherry tomatoes are producing my larger ones are still ripening, GROCERY STORE!!!!!!

I've never heard of those. I do know that your able to wrap unripe tomatoes in newspaper and they will ripen up, never tried it, thought it could help

Yes, we always do that. Where I live we get frosts most months of the year so we have to.
Yes....I grew "Longkeeper" one year...but to be honest...if I keep on my toes...and protect from one or two early frosts...I can have tomatoes on the vine in January....and I wasn't impressed with the production of that variety....so I just stick with my favorites...

Around here...we actually have a deficit in the summer...because of the heat...but then tomatoes are cheap and plentiful at the supermarket....

Ha! In New England we're lucky if we get three months of tomatoes... The grocery ones taste nasty, I won't ever go back to those. Maybe yours are better since they don't travel as far. Tomatoes here are really expensive even in the summer.

I grew "dragon's tongue" beans for the first time this year. It's a 7-9" long flat light green bean with purple and pink spots.. I only planted 6 plants and have already picked and cooked them for dinner for 5 people (large servings) 6 times and there are plenty of new flowers even it this extreme heat that has started my other varieties beans to slow down. They are bush beans though they do need some support,. And because of the colors they are easy to see on the vines.

515_6444_large.jpg

We planted it 4 years ago but last summer only the male plant flowered this year one of the female plants flowered and we have Kiwi for the fist time, About 60 but probably more. Sort of makes up for the pear tree with ONE pear on it!

kiwis_on_the_vine_s.jpg

I grew "dragon's tongue" beans for the first time this year. It's  a 7-9" long flat light green bean with purple and pink spots.. I only planted 6 plants and have already picked and cooked them for dinner for 5 people (large servings)   6 times and there are plenty of new flowers even it this extreme heat that has started my other varieties beans to slow down. They are bush beans though they do need some support,. And because of the colors they are easy to see on the vines. 

515_6444_large.jpg

We planted it 4 years ago but last summer only the male plant flowered this year one of the female plants flowered and we have Kiwi for the fist time, About 60 but probably more. Sort of makes up for the pear tree with ONE pear on it!

kiwis_on_the_vine_s.jpg
Can you eat them as a dry bean? And kiwi! I can't grow kiwi, does it taste like the grocery ones?

Can you eat them as a dry bean? And kiwi! I can't grow kiwi, does it taste like the grocery ones?
We have only picked a few Kiwis and they are much sweeter that store bought probably because we are picking them as they ripen.

Yes, The Dragon Tongue beans can be dried. They are white a bit larger than navy beans.

We picked our first Nectarines today!

Back
Top Bottom