Favorite vegetable varities

The big winner in my garden are the Espelette peppers! I had about 6 plants last year and my best friend and I loved them so much that I have around 30 plants this year :)

Otherwise I truely enjoy zucchini, but I don't remember the cultivar :(

My best garden variety was probably Matt's wild cherry tomato, or mayos delight,I also had success with potatoes. My sweet potatoes failed, they didn't vine, barely grew, became discolored and only two plants produced sweet potatoes which were small.

How long were your sweet potatoes in the garden? I think they require something like 4 months to grow.
I started mine in a tunnel in april and they are growing a lot now!

The big winner in my garden are the Espelette peppers! I had about 6 plants last year and my best friend and I loved them so much that I have around 30 plants this year :)

Otherwise I truely enjoy zucchini, but I don't remember the cultivar :(

Never heard of Espelette peppers...can you describe them?

Never heard of Espelette peppers...can you describe them?

Oh this is hard. I wish I could describe food better.
It's like Porto :) Espelette means they grow there. I'm in Quebec so technically they are not really Espelette peppers but ANYWAY.
They are hot and spicy BUT, dehydrated they lose a bit of that spicyness and they taste smokey! It's really great.

Here is what I found on the web, which describes better than I :)

"The piment d'Espelette is red when mature, and relatively small and mild. Heat-wise, it is usually compared to paprika, another flavorful European pepper product. Piments d'Espelette also have a dark, slightly smoky flavor which can be intensified with roasting or pan-searing, and a robust peppery flavor which can be useful in a wide variety of dishes. These peppers are traditionally used to rub Bayonne ham, a famous export of the region, and they also appear in many other Basque dishes."

They are medium sized peppers and produce a LOT. Those plants even survived a light frost, while all my other peppers and squashes died. I love them.

Oh this is hard. I wish I could describe food better.
It's like Porto :) Espelette means they grow there. I'm in Quebec so technically they are not really Espelette peppers but ANYWAY.
They are hot and spicy BUT, dehydrated they lose a bit of that spicyness and they taste smokey! It's really great.

Here is what I found on the web, which describes better than I :)

"The piment d'Espelette is red when mature, and relatively small and mild. Heat-wise, it is usually compared to paprika, another flavorful European pepper product. Piments d'Espelette also have a dark, slightly smoky flavor which can be intensified with roasting or pan-searing, and a robust peppery flavor which can be useful in a wide variety of dishes. These peppers are traditionally used to rub [COLOR=0066CC]Bayonne ham[/COLOR], a famous export of the region, and they also appear in many other Basque dishes."

They are medium sized peppers and produce a LOT. Those plants even survived a light frost, while all my other peppers and squashes died. I love them.
)

Well........I'm not one to sit back and let others help me...if I can help myself....soooooo....I did some Googling as well....ummmm.....thank you very much!!!!!

Annnnndddddd......this is going to cost me! I came across 'Secret Seed Cartel'....researching this ....now I'm going to spending some cash....ugh!!! JK

Back
Top Bottom