Febuary hatch a long

Late joiner, but I went into lockdown yesterday!! This is my first hatch so I'm nervous, excited, and quite giddy at every little thing!!

I have 30 eggs in there and started with 36. I think 3 are still questionable...

I have seen about 6 of the eggs move and this morning I woke up to a small crack in one of the eggs!! YEAH!!
yippiechickie.gif

I have mostly Black Copper Marans and Ameracaunas so candling has been very difficult..
Also had 5 very tiny Gold Lace Wyandottes from the second week of a pullet laying...down to only 2 and those are questionable
sad.png
Daddy was EE so I was really hoping for some olive eggers...

Have some BCM crosses in there too...I have no idea how I'm going to tell them all apart...I have them separated into two sections...

Wednesday can't come fast enough!!!

Late joiner, but I went into lockdown yesterday!! This is my first hatch so I'm nervous, excited, and quite giddy at every little thing!! I have 30 eggs in there and started with 36. I think 3 are still questionable... I have seen about 6 of the eggs move and this morning I woke up to a small crack in one of the eggs!! YEAH!!:yiipchick I have mostly Black Copper Marans and Ameracaunas so candling has been very difficult.. Also had 5 very tiny Gold Lace Wyandottes from the second week of a pullet laying...down to only 2 and those are questionable :( Daddy was EE so I was really hoping for some olive eggers... Have some BCM crosses in there too...I have no idea how I'm going to tell them all apart...I have them separated into two sections... Wednesday can't come fast enough!!!
Good luck with your hatch! Mine are on hatch day and not so much as a shimmy yet :-(

none of mine have hatch yet so i finally pipped 5 of them. four were for sure gone but the last one.. it's fully developed, it's in the right place and i have the pip right where the beak is. she's not chirping or moving. is she dead? i don't know what caused her to die so close to the hatch !
hmm.png
anyone got ideas?

SOS Egg #2 looks way wrong. It's the one that had the really deep air cell last night. Now there is no discernable air cell, but the light goes down the side of the egg in an erratic pattern. No movement. Is it a goner? What may have gone wrong? The other looks fine, but no pip.

ok, i'm paranoid now.... (hatch day wednesday) this time around I didn't measure air cells, or mark them, I weighed each egg at the different dates (7,10,14,18) and they were all pretty darn close to spot on for weight, now that hatch day is finally arriving i'm over thinking and wondering if I should have marked air cells instead of weighing?? any thoughts out there? guess I will know wednesday if I need to do both everytime, or if weighing alone is ok.... I did look at air cells and they all look ok, but I didn't monitor them..... cripes this is CRAZY the second guessing and stress involved in this stuff!!!
barnie.gif

My first time was last year & I over thought everything! It's quite an emotional roller coaster. :p
I've had chicks develop fine, but were in wrong position in the last week before hatching. None of those chicks made it. :( I've had chicks drown when humidity rose too high as the chicks were hatching. Things to keep in mind for future hatches...I learned from my past mistakes & everybody is going to have different circumstances. I was told 70% was not too high for humidity, when in fact it was. 70% works fine for some, but not everybody!

Good news here! I have my first pip! The wee egg on the left. The first of my next generation of Malines. :)

Back
Top Bottom