First Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon- Join us! Set Day: Easter

If y'all are so inclined you can also add yourself to the hatchers map:
HERE

Directions for the map:
YOU MUST HAVE A GOOGLE ACCOUNT AND BE LOGGED IN (FREE TO JOIN GOOGLE)
1. Click on red box that says "edit" at top left side of screen, 3 boxes will show up on the map to the right.
2. Click on the middle box that showed up that says "add a placemark" when you hover over it. Drag the marker on the map to your location
3. Add your name to the box above your marker and hit OK
4. Hit "save" at top left near edit button
5. Hit "done" next to save at top left near edit button
6. Do not put your name in the instructions box on the map link. PM me (SCG) if you cannot get the map to work and I'll add you as long as you give me decent directions as to where you're located (not exact address, but tell me something like the general area of your state and closest big town that I'd be familiar with). Thanks

Are you sure, Kari?
idunno.gif
I just baked some this weekend to feed to the chickens. I put them in a pie pan and turned the oven on to 250 *. The first dozen I forgot about. They were in for at least 90 minutes. The second batch I put in for 40 minutes but some weren't all the way done. I got the idea off the What You Got Swap Chat Thread. BHep does this. I only did the small batches to try and figure it out.

Don't try this in the microwave!

Quote:
X2 I cracked them into a bowl of water. What a mess. DO NOT microwave eggs!

Quote:

You two make it hard to say no! I still have 10 eggs in my bator! I was planning to give them till tomorrow (day 25) then clean the snot out of my bator. I somehow decided that it is bacteria in there. I will use clorox water and then sun dry for a while. I'm not sure my heart could stand to kill a batch of turkey eggs, but I thought about joining a week late with chicken eggs (my own that we would have just eaten, anyway.)

I have also been considering just sponsoring a contest and lending my moral support to the rest of you. I definately have to do SOMETHING or else I would miss you guys too much!

CHickens eggs is good!!!!
thumbsup.gif

My chicken eggs are in already so they will be ready for the poults. I think I'm counting my poults before they hatch.
gig.gif

Okay, Okay, I see I am among kindred souls that are used to getting our own ways! I will set chicken eggs this weekend so they will hatch (see how positive I'm thinking?) the same day as ya'lls poults. Oh, and as for the straightjacket.......I'll take an XL in Houndstooth, please.
gig.gif
I have quite a collection of chicken books with pretty pictures and pretty general information (more the coffee table variety.) I will find a nicer one and offer it as a prize for one of the contests.

Oh, dear Lord, here we go again!

Deb, I always like to get PM's, especially from you!

Last edited:
I somehow decided that it is bacteria in there. I will use clorox water and then sun dry for a while.
Always a good idea between hatches. I bleached the crap out of my styrobator from the hatching mess before setting the turkey eggs.
I'm not sure my heart could stand to kill a batch of turkey eggs, but I thought about joining a week late with chicken eggs (my own that we would have just eaten, anyway.)
Chicken eggs also qualify for hatching.
big_smile.png

I have also been considering just sponsoring a contest and lending my moral support to the rest of you. I definately have to do SOMETHING or else I would miss you guys too much!
We would miss your
smack.gif
smack.gif
I have it on "good authority" SCG is off her meds and will need many!
tongue2.gif

What if we got you your own straightjacket?
This could definitely be done!

Okay, Okay, I see I am among kindred souls that are used to getting our own ways! I will set chicken eggs this weekend so they will hatch (see how positive I'm thinking?) the same day as ya'lls poults. Oh, and as for the straightjacket.......I'll take an XL in Houndstooth, please.
gig.gif

Best I could do on such short notice

I have quite a collection of chicken books with pretty pictures and pretty general information (more the coffee table variety.) I will find a nicer one and offer it as a prize for one of the contests.
That sounds great, do you have an idea for a contest?

Oh, dear Lord, here we go again!
We will be here to lift you up!
New-3D-gem-from-Pixar-will-lift-your-spirits.jpg

Deb, I always like to get PM's, especially from you!

woot.gif

Glad you'll join us---second times the charm, right?

This will kind'a be the third time as my son took the bator to school and tried 2 dozen just before Mahonri's hatch. It was also an epic fail (NO chicks) but they taped up all the vent holes and I thought that was the only reason for the bad hatch. It was hard to tell my tenderhearted boy that it was probably what he did that caused them not to hatch. Now, I'm not sure that it was.

So yes! Third time's the charm!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom