First Egg Countdown

Im happy to report we got two eggs yesterday! The larger ones in the pic are ceramic. :D

We have 3 RIR and 3 EE 16 weeks old no eggs. No sign of them laying anytime soon either. I know it's early to join the countdown but I'm over anticipating yummy eggs from these ladies.

Also a younger LH who should be laying shortly

Well, all my "kids" have been with me 16 weeks as of Friday, so they are at least that old now. My BA (4 pullets and a cockerel) are the youngest since I know they came into the feed store the same day that I bought them. 2 of the pullets have dark pink waddles and combs, but I don't think they are fully developed yet. The other two are further behind.

I have 4 SLW and 4 EE that are older than the BA. The SLW don't have their combs yet, so no countdown for those gals... they have a way to go. The EE are the oldest in the bunch (were by far the biggest when we got them, that'll teach them for picking on those little gals lol). A couple of the EE are looking pretty red with decent comb development.

I cannot wait for eggs!
wee.gif
I know it's a bit early to be so anxious, but oh well. I still go out and eagerly check to see if anyone has had the inkling yet. Thus far, all the gals still think that cockerel is a horny jerk.
sad.png
C'mon ladies, he's just trying to help in the only way he knows how!

The wait is over!! Here's a pic of egg and the HEN that laid it. She laid right in the nest box!! Good little girl. She got treats of yogurt and watermelon rind.

My hands are small. The eggs about 2.5".

And Roxy Heart

So, i have 4 hens. The one not pictured is a white leghorn. The leghorn has started laying an egg a day, and i have another hen, that im assuming is one of the golden comets/red sex link, laying an egg a day. All except the black one are 20.5 weeks old. The black one is around 21.5 weeks. When should she (the black one) and the other red one start laying, approximately? The other 2 have been laying regularly for almost a week now

any day now, seriously.
pretty birds!
your BSL looks nice and red in comb, looks like my BSL's.
Mine are 21 weeks old and have been laying an egg a day for the past 10 days.
My white leghorns have been laying for over a month now!
Good luck!

any day now, seriously.
pretty birds!
your BSL looks nice and red in comb, looks like my BSL's.
Mine are 21 weeks old and have been laying an egg a day for the past 10 days.
My white leghorns have been laying for over a month now!
Good luck!

Thanks, i love my birds! Will i see a difference in egg color between the red ones and black one? Just hoping ill know which one is laying what

Finally!!!
The pinkish one on the left is from my Plymouth Barred Rock-21 weeks/1 day. So proud!! She's been squatting for a week, making bowls in nest box and been seeing her feathers in there too. YAY!!!
Still waiting for 8 more (all different breeds) to start laying too. Come on girls!!!
[/IMG]

My cuckoo marans Marge has been acting the same way this week
1f601.png
Fingers crossed we get that first egg soon!!

Finally!!!
The pinkish one on the left is from my Plymouth Barred Rock-21 weeks/1 day. So proud!! She's been squatting for a week, making bowls in nest box and been seeing her feathers in there too. YAY!!!
Still waiting for 8 more (all different breeds) to start laying too. Come on girls!!!
[/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom