First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

Did you all know Hellbender passed? I was wondering how the flood was and found this in another thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertChic

I know many here have been missing Hellbender and wondering about his well-being. His son, Jason, gave me permission to update everyone.

It is with a heart heavy with sadness that I report that after returning home to be with his family, Hellbender (Ron) was taken off his respirator and died in the early hours on Thursday, June 16th. His family held a small, private Irish wake for him. My heart goes out to them and to all who loved him, and it is my greatest hope that their grief will soon abate enough for them to smile at their memories of him rather than weep.

I never had the honor of meeting Hellbender in person, but that has in no way lessened the tremendously positive impact he had on me. I miss my friend; I miss his delightfully warped sense of humor, his sagacious instruction, and his enormously kind heart. To this day I cannot comprehend why, of all the people he met here on the BYC, he chose to befriend me and share so much with me. In spite of his numerous frustrations with electronic communication, he never hesitated to offer me guidance and encouragement as I strove to learn as much as possible as quickly as possible about poultry keeping, and he never hesitated to lend me his ear when I simply needed to vent some frustrations about life in general or receive some much-needed advice. He was a very generous man who shared with me his abundant love for his family, his concerns and perspectives on world events, and the wisdom of his years.

Yes, I miss my friend, as I’m sure so many others here do, but I am also tremendously grateful to him for all he gave me. I am grateful for the opportunity to have also met his son, Jason, and his daughter, Ariel, through him, and for meeting so many other extraordinary people here on the thread Hellbender created. It is a tribute to him that so many will continue to learn and grow because of environment he created here.

Thank you, Hellbender. You will be sorely missed.

Bit of boring info for you, ha.
I've been researching my Sasso hybrid meat birds to try and find a bit more info on there breeding and what to call them, understandably Sasso keep there breeding top secret and just call the Slow Grow a T551 and the Medium grow a X431A, as lovely names as they are I looked at what the Hatchery called them.
They call the Medium Grow a Farm Ranger which is ok, But the Slow Grow they call a Poulet Galouis (which I don't like) so translated it means Gallic Chicken, now Gallic was a ancient tribe similar to the Celts and the Gallic Rooster is the emblem of France.

So from now on I'm calling them and there offspring Gallic Chickens.

I like the shape of this Gallic Pullet on the left.

Any excuse to put up some pics
1f62c.png

Bit of boring info for you, ha.
I've been researching my Sasso hybrid meat birds to try and find a bit more info on there breeding and what to call them, understandably Sasso keep there breeding top secret and just call the Slow Grow a T551 and the Medium grow a X431A, as lovely names as they are I looked at what the Hatchery called them.
They call the Medium Grow a Farm Ranger which is ok, But the Slow Grow they call a Poulet Galouis (which I don't like) so translated it means Gallic Chicken, now Gallic was a ancient tribe similar to the Celts and the Gallic Rooster is the emblem of France.

So from now on I'm calling them and there offspring Gallic Chickens.

I like the shape of this Gallic Pullet on the left.

Any excuse to put up some pics
1f62c.png
Nice chickens... nice name.

Back
Top Bottom