First Time Egg Candler Scared!

I will not be home until 4(eastern time) :(. But since is takes around 12 hours from pip to hatch, I should be able to watch them. Thanks for all the help. 

Well I don't know how long it takes you to get home from wherever you will be, but I bet it will feel alot longer today than any other day! Haha Good luck!

You never know Its day 20 expected maybe pips this morning when I got to the washtub this is what I found chickens still can't read.+1 pip see its works the incubator not the hygrometer

something else built from salvaged stuff all but the bulb

Aww how sweet. Congrats! Is that a candler you made?

You never know Its day 20 expected maybe pips this morning when I got to the washtub this is what I found chickens still can't read.+1 pip see its works the incubator not the hygrometer

something else built from salvaged stuff all but the bulb
That's awesome! I've seen one of those old Browers for sale here. I would be scared to death to try it. Impressive
thumbsup.gif

I will not be home until 4(eastern time) :(. But since is takes around 12 hours from pip to hatch, I should be able to watch them. Thanks for all the help.
Highly doubtful that you'll miss anything while in school and if you have pips when you get home it'll make the time between pip and zip seem shorter.
wink.png
Good luck and I hope you see something today!

Believe me I didn't buy it. It like my brooders came from a farm equipment purchase I made many years ago. I brought there tractors and plows. When I ask to buy every thing else they gave it all to me. I piled them up in a old chicken house that was here on the farm when we came in 1986 I pulled them out last year and started using them. It all started with horse they had donated to fund raiser for there son school that didn't sale. they bought it back. and wanted to get there money back. went to look at the horse. gave there $ 250 they wanted got all the other stuff tractors included for another $500. they didn't care they had inherited it from there uncle farm to. sold the farm for a lot of money. the horse turned out to be the best cow horse I every owned.

yeah and it works great pictures on are on the he said she said thread you have to tell me what kind of chicken laid the egg

I have had a candler image in my head to build for a while, but haven't gotten around to it (my table saw is at my camp, need to bring it home!) It looks similar to what you made. Glad to hear it works great.

I said a hen that had recently gotten lucky!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom